Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t947339-re-dealing-with-higher-order-operations-coupled-with-primitives.html)

Roedy Green 06-22-2012 07:33 AM

Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:08:37 -0500, "Aaron W. Hsu"
<arcfide@sacrideo.us> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
said :

>To give a simplified example of what I am dealing with, I want to have an
>class that stores data in arrays of primitives (since I do not want to
>incur the boxing overhead of Objects),

Elements in arrays of primitives must all be of the same type. If you
want to mix, you need arrays of Objects.

You can of course have subclasses of Objects each with a different
type of primitive array.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com