Velocity Reviews

-   -   <table> <td> question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t947222-table-td-question.html)

mcnewsxp 06-18-2012 09:15 PM

the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:

http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx

how come?

tia,
mcnewsxp

Neil Gould 06-18-2012 09:16 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

mcnewsxp wrote:
> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
>
> http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
>
> how come?
>
> tia,
> mcnewsxp

All I see is your logon screen.

--
best regards,

Neil

mcnewsxp 06-18-2012 09:28 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

On Monday, June 18, 2012 5:16:39 PM UTC-4, Neil Gould wrote:
> mcnewsxp wrote:
> > the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
> >
> > http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
> >
> > how come?
> >
> > tia,
> > mcnewsxp
> >

> All I see is your logon screen.
>
> --
> best regards,
>
> Neil

test test

Gene Wirchenko 06-18-2012 09:37 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:15:35 -0700 (PDT), mcnewsxp
<mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote:

>the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
>
>http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
>
>how come?

In both Firefox 13.0.1 and IE 9, I see but one table, and the
code has but one <table> tag.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Tim Streater 06-18-2012 09:41 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

In article <72fa7a8d-c513-4169-b08f-20cf2d263646@googlegroups.com>,

What the **** are you talking about?

--
Tim

Denis McMahon 06-18-2012 10:14 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:15:35 -0700, mcnewsxp wrote:

> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
>
> http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
>
> how come?

The page seems to be fundamentally broken at the HTML level:

1) The xml declaration should be the first thing in the file, no
preceding white space, although the validator <http://validator.w3.org/
unicorn> is perhaps over-picky in this aspect.

2) The link element for css should be inside the head element.

3) I suspect that in xhtml, script elements are also only permitted
inside the head element.

I didn't go further than that - fix your markup before you start trying
to solve rendering issues.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

mcnewsxp 06-18-2012 11:04 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

On Monday, June 18, 2012 6:14:06 PM UTC-4, Denis McMahon wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:15:35 -0700, mcnewsxp wrote:
>
> > the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
> >
> > http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
> >
> > how come?

> The page seems to be fundamentally broken at the HTML level:
>
> 1) The xml declaration should be the first thing in the file, no
> preceding white space, although the validator <http://validator.w3.org/
> unicorn> is perhaps over-picky in this aspect.
>
> 2) The link element for css should be inside the head element.
>
> 3) I suspect that in xhtml, script elements are also only permitted
> inside the head element.
>
> I didn't go further than that - fix your markup before you start trying
> to solve rendering issues.
>
> Rgds
>
> Denis McMahon

i moved the style inside the head. first line is blank due to dotnet code behind claiming first line.

mcnewsxp 06-18-2012 11:05 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

On Monday, June 18, 2012 5:37:21 PM UTC-4, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:15:35 -0700 (PDT), mcnewsxp
> <mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
> >
> >http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
> >
> >how come?

> In both Firefox 13.0.1 and IE 9, I see but one table, and the
> code has but one <table> tag.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gene Wirchenko

scroll on down past the code behind generated script and you'll see the 2nd one.

mcnewsxp 06-18-2012 11:06 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

mcnewsxp 06-18-2012 11:10 PM

Re: <table> <td> question

On Monday, June 18, 2012 5:37:21 PM UTC-4, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:15:35 -0700 (PDT), mcnewsxp
> <mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox:
> >
> >http://stellarschoolservices.org/The...Scheduler.aspx
> >
> >how come?

> In both Firefox 13.0.1 and IE 9, I see but one table, and the
> code has but one <table> tag.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gene Wirchenko

search for <td class="tdBod" and you'll find it.