Velocity Reviews

-   -   Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t947107-speaking-of-food-more-brits-involved-in-photography-bans.html)

RichA 06-15-2012 10:54 AM

Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

David J Taylor 06-15-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

"RichA" wrote in message

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800
====================================

... and do you agree with Rory Cellan-Jones analysis?

Grimly Curmudgeon 06-15-2012 12:26 PM

Re: Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 03:54:08 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
wrote:

>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

Utterly disgraceful censorship.

Whisky-dave 06-15-2012 12:51 PM

On Friday, June 15, 2012 1:26:15 PM UTC+1, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 03:54:08 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

> Utterly disgraceful censorship.

Makes me wonder what elese they manage to keep quite about.
I'd move to sack the concillers in question unless they can come up with a legal reason for banning the photos.

David J Taylor 06-15-2012 12:54 PM

wrote:

>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

Utterly disgraceful censorship.

Then you will be delighted to hear the ban has bee revoked.

Storm. Teacup?

David J Taylor 06-15-2012 02:58 PM

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

David J Taylor writes:

> Then you will be delighted to hear the ban has bee revoked.

Good. Has the party responsible for the ban been fired?
============================

I haven't heard, but one can hardly fire the whole council.....? <G>

David

tony cooper 06-15-2012 03:03 PM

wrote:

>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

This wasn't a ban on photography. It was a ban on publicizing the
food choices offered at the school. A photograph was only the means
to show what the choices were. The board's objection was that the
photographs presented only some of the choice. I didn't see that she
was stopped from taking the photos, just from publishing them.

It was stupid to ban the blog photographs, but it wasn't an act of
suppression of photography.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

RichA 06-15-2012 03:50 PM

On Jun 15, 9:02*am, Graham <gra...@INVALIDlodeway.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:54:00 +0100, David J Taylor,
> <news:jrfb98$f0n$1@dont-email.me> expounded this theory:
>
> >>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

> > Utterly disgraceful censorship.

> > Then you will be delighted to hear the ban has bee revoked.

> > Storm. *Teacup?

> Storms in teacups is RichA's Raison d'Ítre.
>
> --
> Graham
> Comments and criticism welcomehttp://www.lodeway.com

Storm? The food looked like s---. They needed to be outed for it.
Kudos to the kid.

Robert Coe 06-15-2012 07:29 PM

[SI] Re: Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 03:54:08 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-18454800

I'm confident that I speak for many Shoot-In participants when I hereby call
on The Committee to forthwith assure Ms Payne that should she elect to submit
three pictures in response to the "Food" mandate, last Sunday's deadline will
be officially waived. ;^)

Bob

tony cooper 06-15-2012 07:33 PM

Re: Speaking of food, more Brits involved in photography bans

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 17:56:28 +0200, Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Elliott Roper writes:
>
>> It all turned out well. The ban was mostly lifted. The girl's charity
>> fundraising efforts succeeded beyond expectations and a publicly funded
>> buffoon was embarrassed. What's not to like?

>The buffoon needs to change jobs. Otherwise he will go on to make the same
>mistake again, and again. Embarrassment does not transform incompetent bullies
>into competent nice people.

Who is "he"? The ban was imposed by the council. No single
individual was named as responsible.

I have to wonder about the competency of readers who can't pick out
the salient details of a story.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida