Velocity Reviews

-   -   Telstra Clear and other ISPs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946940-telstra-clear-and-other-isps.html)

JohnO 06-11-2012 02:53 AM

Telstra Clear and other ISPs

It pays to stay on top of their packages and make sure you are on the
right one.

On the weekend I was fixing up my dear old mum's PC and noticed her
broadband was very slow. It turns out she was on a fairly old phone
and internet package of non full rate DSL and a miserly data cap, and
was paying $105 a month for phone and internet. TelstraClear have a
package "for new subscribers" of full rate DSL2+, 40Gb/month and land
line for $75. So I told mum to get on the phone to them and get her
package switched and if they gave her a hard time about the new
subscriber clause to let them know she'd be a new subscriber to
Telecom.

She's now on the faster/bigger package and saving $30/month.

I think it's very poor of TelstraClear to not inform/recommend their
subscribers on obsolete packages about new packages that they would be
better off with.

Cheers
JohnO

Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz 06-11-2012 07:22 AM

Re: Telstra Clear and other ISPs

>I think it's very poor of TelstraClear to not inform/recommend their
>subscribers on obsolete packages about new packages that they would be
>better off with.

I just ran TC and got the new package: some three months ago after I
read about it.

Frank Williams 06-11-2012 07:57 AM

Re: Telstra Clear and other ISPs

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:53:36 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <johno1234@gmail.com>
wrote:

>It pays to stay on top of their packages and make sure you are on the
>right one.
>
>On the weekend I was fixing up my dear old mum's PC and noticed her
>broadband was very slow. It turns out she was on a fairly old phone
>and internet package of non full rate DSL and a miserly data cap, and
>was paying $105 a month for phone and internet. TelstraClear have a
>package "for new subscribers" of full rate DSL2+, 40Gb/month and land
>line for $75. So I told mum to get on the phone to them and get her
>package switched and if they gave her a hard time about the new
>subscriber clause to let them know she'd be a new subscriber to
>Telecom.
>
>She's now on the faster/bigger package and saving $30/month.
>
>I think it's very poor of TelstraClear to not inform/recommend their
>subscribers on obsolete packages about new packages that they would be
>better off with.
>
>Cheers
>JohnO

I got the discount and I am on cable and not a new user, but I had to
ring to get it plus a 1 year contract, I was told that it meant for new
users.

Its billed at a discount on top of my normal $105 bill.