Velocity Reviews

-   -   Volume on Philips Monitor (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946828-volume-on-philips-monitor.html)

Geopelia 06-06-2012 01:10 PM

Volume on Philips Monitor

I have a Philips Monitor, a flat one. Model ID or 1D or lD (The I is just
a plain line)
190B8CB/75

I'm watching TV programs on it while the TV is getting fixed.

I've got the volume control down by the clock turned up full, but it's not
very loud.
And I turn the sound up on the TV programs themselves.

Below in front there are a row of oblong buttons. There are six as well as
the power one.
I pressed the volume button and got a little bar on the screen which shows
the volume as just over 60.

Now I thought I could put the arrow on it and drag it along. But the arrow
goes behind the bar instead of in front!

I tried the Philips website on Google that answers questions, but it is all
technical stuff and I can't find this problem.

Is there a simple way to get the volume to move up please?

Geopelia

Robin Halligan 06-06-2012 09:41 PM

Re: Volume on Philips Monitor

geo check the other buttons usally there will be a couple of buttons for the
selection of option (contrast/brightness/ ect) and another 2 will be for
shifting the selection up and down
so press the button that got the volume bar up and then try some others (if
the volume vanishes press it again) i think you will find that at some point
you will see the bar go up or down.

Hope this helps
Robin

~misfit~ 06-07-2012 12:00 AM

Re: Volume on Philips Monitor

Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near them, get
that volume bar on screen again, then press the + button while it's on
screen.

Best of luck!
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Geopelia 06-07-2012 12:09 PM

"~misfit~" <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near them, get
> that volume bar on screen again, then press the + button while it's on
> screen.
>
> Best of luck!
> --
> Shaun.
>
> "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
> cozy little classification in the DSM."
> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
>
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Robin Halligan wrote:
>> geo check the other buttons usally there will be a couple of buttons
>> for the selection of option (contrast/brightness/ ect) and another 2
>> will be for shifting the selection up and down
>> so press the button that got the volume bar up and then try some
>> others (if the volume vanishes press it again) i think you will find
>> that at some point you will see the bar go up or down.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Robin
>>

>> "Geopelia" wrote in message news:jqnkse$ron$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> I have a Philips Monitor, a flat one. Model ID or 1D or lD (The I
>> is just a plain line)
>> 190B8CB/75

I tried pressing the oblong buttons, but now the screen is so bright it's
hard to look at and I can't seem to get the brightness down. It made no
difference to the sound.

How do I get the brightness down again please?

Frank Williams 06-07-2012 10:08 PM

Re: Volume on Philips Monitor

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 00:09:20 +1200, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>"~misfit~" <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near them, get
>> that volume bar on screen again, then press the + button while it's on
>> screen.
>>
>> Best of luck!
>> --
>> Shaun.
>>
>> "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
>> cozy little classification in the DSM."
>> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
>>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Robin Halligan wrote:
>>> geo check the other buttons usally there will be a couple of buttons
>>> for the selection of option (contrast/brightness/ ect) and another 2
>>> will be for shifting the selection up and down
>>> so press the button that got the volume bar up and then try some
>>> others (if the volume vanishes press it again) i think you will find
>>> that at some point you will see the bar go up or down.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps
>>> Robin
>>>

>>> "Geopelia" wrote in message news:jqnkse$ron$1@dont-email.me...
>>>
>>> I have a Philips Monitor, a flat one. Model ID or 1D or lD (The I
>>> is just a plain line)
>>> 190B8CB/75
>>>

>I tried pressing the oblong buttons, but now the screen is so bright it's
>hard to look at and I can't seem to get the brightness down. It made no
>difference to the sound.
>
>How do I get the brightness down again please?

Read the Manual...

Frank Williams 06-07-2012 10:10 PM

wrote:

>"~misfit~" <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near them, get
>> that volume bar on screen again, then press the + button while it's on
>> screen.
>>
>> Best of luck!
>> --
>> Shaun.
>>
>> "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
>> cozy little classification in the DSM."
>> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
>>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Robin Halligan wrote:
>>> geo check the other buttons usally there will be a couple of buttons
>>> for the selection of option (contrast/brightness/ ect) and another 2
>>> will be for shifting the selection up and down
>>> so press the button that got the volume bar up and then try some
>>> others (if the volume vanishes press it again) i think you will find
>>> that at some point you will see the bar go up or down.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps
>>> Robin
>>>

>>> "Geopelia" wrote in message news:jqnkse$ron$1@dont-email.me...
>>>
>>> I have a Philips Monitor, a flat one. Model ID or 1D or lD (The I
>>> is just a plain line)
>>> 190B8CB/75
>>>

>I tried pressing the oblong buttons, but now the screen is so bright it's
>hard to look at and I can't seem to get the brightness down. It made no
>difference to the sound.
>
>How do I get the brightness down again please?

Link to Manual

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...5&scy=&slg=ENG

Robin Halligan 06-07-2012 10:38 PM

Re: Volume on Philips Monitor

Geo you will find that the button you pressed to get up the "volume" is
probably cyclic
that means you press it once it comes up volume press it again it comes up
brightness
press it again and it comes up contrast each of these things should be
labled on screen above or below the bare
so just keep pressing the button till it says brightness (you should see the
bar all the way over to the right)
then press the other oblong button (if there is only one then press the
other end of it )
then when that is fine press the button to cycle to the next option if that
is not volume then press it again till it is

Hope that helps Geo

Robin

Geopelia 06-07-2012 10:45 PM

"Frank Williams" <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 00:09:20 +1200, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"~misfit~" <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near them,
>>> get
>>> that volume bar on screen again, then press the + button while it's on
>>> screen.
>>>
>>> Best of luck!
>>> --
>>> Shaun.
>>>
>>> "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
>>> cozy little classification in the DSM."
>>> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

>>I tried pressing the oblong buttons, but now the screen is so bright it's
>>hard to look at and I can't seem to get the brightness down. It made no
>>difference to the sound.
>>
>>How do I get the brightness down again please?
>>

> Link to Manual
>
> http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...5&scy=&slg=ENG

Thank you.

I tried that website. There wasn't anything there "but there might be on
Adobe website". So I tried that, "some components are missing" on adobe, but
there might be a plug in. That isn't from Adobe and it seems that isn't
available either.
So I'm none the wiser. I managed to get the Brightness blue bar down to 49
by pressing - but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

There must be some simple way to reduce the Brightness. Sun glasses? :-)

Frank Williams 06-07-2012 11:28 PM

Re: Volume on Philips Monitor

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:45:30 +1200, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in message
>news:tm92t7ln14k38tellrpvtd37n4bllaf898@4ax.com.. .
>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 00:09:20 +1200, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"~misfit~" <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I tried pressing the oblong buttons, but now the screen is so bright it's
>>>hard to look at and I can't seem to get the brightness down. It made no
>>>difference to the sound.
>>>
>>>How do I get the brightness down again please?
>>>

>> Link to Manual
>>
>> http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...5&scy=&slg=ENG

>Thank you.
>
>I tried that website. There wasn't anything there "but there might be on
>Adobe website". So I tried that, "some components are missing" on adobe, but
>there might be a plug in. That isn't from Adobe and it seems that isn't
>available either.
>So I'm none the wiser. I managed to get the Brightness blue bar down to 49
>by pressing - but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
>
>There must be some simple way to reduce the Brightness. Sun glasses? :-)

Its on there as I just dnloaded it and I just tested it again now yes
at first it has to load the Adobe Chinese character set, so just let it
run, as the manual is multi language, Then Save it..

~misfit~ 06-08-2012 01:33 AM

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
> "Frank Williams" <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 00:09:20 +1200, "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "~misfit~" <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I tried pressing the oblong buttons, but now the screen is so
>>> bright it's hard to look at and I can't seem to get the brightness
>>> down. It made no difference to the sound.
>>>
>>> How do I get the brightness down again please?
>>>

>> Link to Manual
>>
>> http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...5&scy=&slg=ENG

> Thank you.
>
> I tried that website. There wasn't anything there "but there might be
> on Adobe website". So I tried that, "some components are missing" on
> adobe, but there might be a plug in. That isn't from Adobe and it
> seems that isn't available either.
> So I'm none the wiser. I managed to get the Brightness blue bar down
> to 49 by pressing - but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
>
> There must be some simple way to reduce the Brightness. Sun glasses?
> :-)

Geo, download Foxit Reader and use that to read PDF files. It's small and
fast, a lot better for your PC than Adobe Acrobat.

The manual at that link downloaded just fine for me and opened with Foxit.
Page 61 of the rather confusing document tells you what the buttons do (but
not *exactly* how to use them, it assumes a certain level of knowledge (that
said, I haven't read the whole thing, I have to go out).

If you're still having trouble and nobody's helped you later when I check
the group I'll see if I can give you a 'walk through' of how to adjust
brightness and volume.

Best,