Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Doors (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946755-re-si-doors.html)

tony cooper 06-01-2012 09:48 PM

Re: [SI] Doors

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:01:56 -0400, SI Committee
<si.moderator@squigglethis-yahoo.com> wrote:

>On 2012-06-01 16:13 , Savageduck wrote:
>>
>> < http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors >
>>
>> Just to keep the nagging at a minimum, and because I have something
>> planned for Sunday, my three "Doors" are headed to the committee today.

>Thank you for the reminder. Photos are due by Sunday evening NYC time.
>
>Note that the Committee does not open the mail until Sunday evening.
>Enjoy your weekend.

I sent mine in...and with a second email with a more compressed
version of one of them.

Here's one that didn't make the cut:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...ts2Z3bz-X2.jpg
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper 06-02-2012 03:20 AM

Re: [SI] Doors

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 19:49:20 -0700, "Frank S" <fsheffi1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2012-06-01 14:48:45 -0700, tony cooper <tony.cooper214@gmail.com> said:

>>> I sent mine in...and with a second email with a more compressed
>>> version of one of them.
>>>
>>> Here's one that didn't make the cut:
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...ts2Z3bz-X2.jpg

>> Sure he did, they cut the Lizard King 42 years ago.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck
>>

>Well, that saves me a trip to Los Angeles. Now that the joke has been made,
>I don't have to go to the Morrison Hotel on South Hope Street and make a
>picture of the portal. It's just up the street from where I worked in a
>parking lot while attending university. I walked past it quite often; its
>lobby-breath smelled like urine and cigars. Little did we know it would
>become an album cover. Still there in about 2000.

I hope you and the Duck realize that there are some who will read this
that have no idea what the joke is all about and would never realize
that "The Doors" was once a name as familiar as "Lady Gaga" is now.

It's only the old farts like me that would think about going to a
vinyl store hoping to find an album to photograph. The album in my
photograph was available for $13.00, but the store owner was kind
enough to let me take the photo without charge.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida