Velocity Reviews

-   -   iPad3 samples (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946356-ipad3-samples.html)

David J Taylor 05-18-2012 01:02 PM

iPad3 samples

For your interest, just a few images from a recent outing....

http://www.satsignal.eu/imaging/iPad3.htm

Rather better than I was expecting.

David J Taylor 05-19-2012 04:46 AM

Re: iPad3 samples

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 5/18/12 8:02 AM, in article jp5hbg$r3h$1@dont-email.me, "David J
> Taylor"
> <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>> For your interest, just a few images from a recent outing....
>>
>> http://www.satsignal.eu/imaging/iPad3.htm
>>
>> Rather better than I was expecting.

> Not bad. A little "noisey"..

Thanks for your comment. I agree on the noise, but wonder whether you
would see this on an A4 size (10-inch) print? At least you can't complain
about the viewfinder screen being too small!

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor 05-19-2012 02:57 PM

Re: iPad3 samples

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[]
> Most likely not, on both cases! Overall, those are good examples of what
> can
> be done with the camera, I would say. I wonder if that would be a good
> camera for Dudley, with his impaired vision?

Yes, I'd wondered about that as well, although there is far less control
than on his DSLR (or on a good P&S). Region selection of the point of
interest (by touching the screen, setting exposure and focus region) and
that's about it.

David

David J Taylor 05-19-2012 03:39 PM

Re: iPad3 samples

> You know there is an iPad Usenet group, don't you?
>
> <comp.mobile.ipad>
>
> You might want to check it out.

I'd never bothered to join, George, but I will take a look. I'm
suspecting that the number of messages may be overwhelming!

Cheers,
David

nospam 05-19-2012 04:54 PM

Re: iPad3 samples

In article <jp8eri$938$1@dont-email.me>, David J Taylor
<david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> > You know there is an iPad Usenet group, don't you?
> >
> > <comp.mobile.ipad>
> >
> > You might want to check it out.

> I'd never bothered to join, George, but I will take a look. I'm
> suspecting that the number of messages may be overwhelming!

it's actually fairly low traffic.