Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Form validation in website development (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946135-re-form-validation-in-website-development.html)

Jonathan N. Little 05-11-2012 02:20 PM

Re: Form validation in website development

Alan_Smith wrote:

<snip obvious>

<joe_pesci>
You'sa talkin' to me, you'sa talkin' to me? Who us'za you talkin' to?
</joe_pesci>

--
Take care,

Jonathan
------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jonathan N. Little 05-11-2012 02:24 PM

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Alan_Smith wrote:
>
> <snip obvious>
>
> <joe_pesci>
> You'sa talkin' to me, you'sa talkin' to me? Who us'za you talkin' to?
> </joe_pesci>

(Hit enter too soon...continued...)

WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr that way ->

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 05-11-2012 03:44 PM

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Alan_Smith wrote:
>>
>> <snip obvious>
>>
>> <joe_pesci>
>> You'sa talkin' to me, you'sa talkin' to me? Who us'za you talkin' to?
>> </joe_pesci>
>>

> (Hit enter too soon...continued...)
>
> WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr that way ->

I wish he'd fix and validate his own web site that he continually spams.

--
-bts

Jonathan N. Little 05-11-2012 04:28 PM

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>>> Alan_Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip obvious>
>>>
>>> <joe_pesci>
>>> You'sa talkin' to me, you'sa talkin' to me? Who us'za you talkin' to?
>>> </joe_pesci>
>>>

>> (Hit enter too soon...continued...)
>>
>> WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr that way ->

> I wish he'd fix and validate his own web site that he continually spams.

Yes, it is sort of like having Mr Gates extolling the value of OSS!
Exxon on Green Energy, Mr Murdock on privacy...oh the list goes on!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Gene Wirchenko 05-11-2012 04:56 PM

Re: Form validation in website development

On Fri, 11 May 2012 15:44:57 +0000 (UTC), "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote:

>Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>>> Alan_Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip obvious>
>>>
>>> <joe_pesci>
>>> You'sa talkin' to me, you'sa talkin' to me? Who us'za you talkin' to?
>>> </joe_pesci>
>>>

>> (Hit enter too soon...continued...)
>>
>> WordPress, Blogger, and Tumblr that way ->

>I wish he'd fix and validate his own web site that he continually spams.

He is not even right. It is nice to have that, and I am working
on a design that has A LOT of front-end validation, but it is the
*back-end* that has to check to ensure all is well.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Mike Duffy 05-13-2012 12:48 AM

Re: Form validation in website development

Gene Wirchenko <genew@ocis.net> wrote in

> ... I am working on a design that has A LOT of
> front-end validation, but it is the *back-end*
> that has to check to ensure all is well.

True for more than 1 reason:

1) User is notified of error immediately. He does not need to wait for a
server resonse.

2) Takes some load off the server. (It gets less bad input.)

--
http://pages.videotron.ca/duffym/index.htm