Velocity Reviews

-   -   Java for business (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946053-java-for-business.html)

Lee Shaoran 05-08-2012 08:21 AM

Java for business

Hello to all,

I am Vishnu from India.
Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
environment?
If yes, could you please tell me where can i find the software?

thank you,

Vishnu

Jeff Higgins 05-08-2012 10:06 AM

Re: Java for business

<http://www.oracle.com/in/corporate/contact/index.html>

Roedy Green 05-08-2012 10:24 AM

Re: Java for business

On Tue, 8 May 2012 01:21:49 -0700 (PDT), Lee Shaoran
<vishnumahendra@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone

yes, strangely. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Lew 05-08-2012 12:21 PM

Re: Java for business

On 05/08/2012 01:21 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am Vishnu from India.
> Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
> environment?
> If yes, could you please tell me where can i [sic] find the software?

Start here:
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html>

Did you try an online search for Java?

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

markspace 05-08-2012 02:47 PM

Re: Java for business

On 5/8/2012 1:21 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am Vishnu from India.
> Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
> environment?
> If yes, could you please tell me where can i find the software?

First, "Java for Business" is Oracle's extended support Java SE:

<http://java.sun.com/javase/faqs.jsp#1q4>

As far as I know the regular Java SE is still free as in "no cost."

<http://java.sun.com/javase/faqs.jsp#1q8>

Java can be found easily with a Google search for "Java download"

<http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp>

Arne Vajh°j 05-09-2012 02:17 AM

Re: Java for business

On 5/8/2012 4:21 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
> I am Vishnu from India.
> Is Java free for business purposes for Microsoft windows
> environment?
> If yes, could you please tell me where can i find the software?

You can get Java implementations for Windows from multiple
vendors and some vendors offer multiple conditions.

Pick your implementation and check whether the conditions
are acceptable for your usage.

There are certainly free implementations available
for Windows.

Arne