Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Digital Photography (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f37-digital-photography.html)
-   -   search photo archives TinEye (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t946030-search-photo-archives-tineye.html)

philo 05-07-2012 03:12 PM

search photo archives TinEye
 



Very possible everyone knows about this

but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
search and ID an unknown photo

http://www.tineye.com/

me 05-07-2012 09:23 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>Very possible everyone knows about this
>
>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>search and ID an unknown photo
>
>http://www.tineye.com/



You can do the same with Google Images.

philo 05-08-2012 12:47 AM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
On 05/07/2012 04:23 PM, me wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo<philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>> Very possible everyone knows about this
>>
>> but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>> search and ID an unknown photo
>>
>> http://www.tineye.com/

>
>
> You can do the same with Google Images.




Dang, how dumb can I get...I never knew that.

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

David Dyer-Bennet 05-08-2012 02:56 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
me <me@mine.net> writes:

> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>>Very possible everyone knows about this
>>
>>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>>search and ID an unknown photo
>>
>>http://www.tineye.com/

>
> You can do the same with Google Images.


You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
string, not a URL to an existing photo.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Snapshots: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/
Photos: http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

RichA 05-08-2012 04:55 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
On May 8, 10:56*am, David Dyer-Bennet <d...@dd-b.net> wrote:
> me <m...@mine.net> writes:
> > On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >>Very possible everyone knows about this

>
> >>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
> >>search and ID an unknown photo

>
> >>http://www.tineye.com/

>
> > You can do the same with Google Images.

>
> You can? *Where and how? *Google image search seems to take a text
> string, not a URL to an existing photo.
> --


What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
off?




David Dyer-Bennet 05-08-2012 05:41 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> writes:

> On May 8, 10:56*am, David Dyer-Bennet <d...@dd-b.net> wrote:
>> me <m...@mine.net> writes:
>> > On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
>> >>Very possible everyone knows about this

>>
>> >>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>> >>search and ID an unknown photo

>>
>> >>http://www.tineye.com/

>>
>> > You can do the same with Google Images.

>>
>> You can? *Where and how? *Google image search seems to take a text
>> string, not a URL to an existing photo.

>
> What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
> off?


To satisfy curiosity, and to make it easier to trace history. If those
things don't interest you, and no other use comes to mind, feel free to
not use it!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Snapshots: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/
Photos: http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

me 05-08-2012 08:30 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:56:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@dd-b.net>
wrote:

>me <me@mine.net> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>>>Very possible everyone knows about this
>>>
>>>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>>>search and ID an unknown photo
>>>
>>>http://www.tineye.com/

>>
>> You can do the same with Google Images.

>
>You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
>string, not a URL to an existing photo.



Click the little blue camera in the right of the search box to open
the dialog box to search by an image url or upload an image to search
for.

Mike 05-08-2012 09:56 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
On 07/05/2012 11:12 AM, philo wrote:
>
>
>
> Very possible everyone knows about this
>
> but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
> search and ID an unknown photo
>
> http://www.tineye.com/
>

There is a FireFox addon,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...le-my-pictures

Works very well.

--
Mike

David Dyer-Bennet 05-08-2012 10:08 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
me <me@mine.net> writes:

> On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:56:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@dd-b.net>
> wrote:
>
>>me <me@mine.net> writes:
>>
>>> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>>>>Very possible everyone knows about this
>>>>
>>>>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>>>>search and ID an unknown photo
>>>>
>>>>http://www.tineye.com/
>>>
>>> You can do the same with Google Images.

>>
>>You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
>>string, not a URL to an existing photo.

>
> Click the little blue camera in the right of the search box to open
> the dialog box to search by an image url or upload an image to search
> for.


Thanks, needed that level of detail!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Snapshots: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/
Photos: http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

philo 05-08-2012 10:59 PM

Re: search photo archives TinEye
 
On 5/8/2012 11:55 AM, RichA wrote:
> On May 8, 10:56 am, David Dyer-Bennet<d...@dd-b.net> wrote:
>> me<m...@mine.net> writes:
>>> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo<ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
>>>> Very possible everyone knows about this

>>
>>>> but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
>>>> search and ID an unknown photo

>>
>>>> http://www.tineye.com/

>>
>>> You can do the same with Google Images.

>>
>> You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
>> string, not a URL to an existing photo.
>> --

>
> What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
> off?
>
>
>



I found a Youtube video that was comprised of unidentified still pictures.

I grabbed one off the video but had no way to ID it.

When I asked for help, someone immediately gave me an answer
and told me they used TinEye

the photo was of Josephine Baker


http://www.tineye.com/search/0591046...8ad2c8e3390b4/


an amazing photo

now I am trying to find out if it came from a movie and if so which one.
Also trying to see if there is an archive somewhere that will sell a
hi-res image


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.