Velocity Reviews

-   -   Browsers and Java. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t945776-browsers-and-java.html)

Roedy Green 04-27-2012 06:21 PM

Browsers and Java.

Java provides a dll called
plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
for a browser to run Java to support Applets.

When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
fine without adjustment.

How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

I have both 64 and 32 bit Javas installed. The Java control panel
discards 32-bit entries.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Richard Maher 04-27-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Browsers and Java.

Hi Roedy,

"Roedy Green" <see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Java provides a dll called
> plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
> for a browser to run Java to support Applets.
>
> When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
> fine without adjustment.
>
> How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
> at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

My Opera plugins page say it finds it here: -
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll

I had no problems. I am still on 7.03 though.

Cheers Richard Maher

Roedy Green 04-28-2012 02:00 AM

Re: Browsers and Java.

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 07:35:01 +0800, "Richard Maher"
<maher_rj@hotspamnotmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>My Opera plugins page say it finds it here: -
>C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll
>
>I had no problems. I am still on 7.03 though.

I discovered Opera was hanging on to a number of obsolete plug-ins. I
disabled them, and off it went. Thanks.

Arne Vajh°j 04-29-2012 01:39 AM

Re: Browsers and Java.

On 4/27/2012 2:21 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
> Java provides a dll called
> plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
> for a browser to run Java to support Applets.
>
> When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
> fine without adjustment.
>
> How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
> at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

It should be in some registry entry.

Arne