Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] - A is up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t945757-re-si-a-is-up.html)

PeterN 04-26-2012 10:11 PM

Re: [SI] - A is up

On 4/22/2012 6:00 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a
>
> --
> The Committee

My comments. I will follow my usual practice of not commenting on all
images. My failure to say anything means little.

Artichoke. interesting composition. I like the vignette to highlight the
subject.

Avila Pier. To me a picture of a sign.

Apple tree. I wold have shown it really tight to emphasize the pun.

Abstract Subject doesn't matter. On my first look I thought it could be
racers. A tad too much highlight for my taste, but nicely done.

Antique doll: I would prefer it less centered. Is it really necessary
to include the streamers.

Bowser 1. Better suited to the letter l

Bowser 2 Would make a great jigsaw puzzle.

MG Double A nice seeing.

MGAll the A's I like the creative use of the shadow from the glass to
add interest to an ordinary image.

Browne I need an aspirin

Browne I would like to see the ax in action. A tad static.

Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

Oops Getting called for dinner.
--
Peter

Noons 04-28-2012 06:51 AM

Re: [SI] - A is up

PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 27/04/2012 8:11 AM:

> Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

He should have used a iPhone, the DOF is a joke. Clearly the dear old thing
hasn't got a clue how to control DOF... Then again, no wonder: after seeing
what he believes controls DOF maybe he should have taken the image with a
bellows 10X12 film camera and then reduce it to his usual web size?

Annika1980 04-28-2012 02:13 PM

Re: - A is up

On Apr 28, 2:51*am, Noons <wizofo...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 27/04/2012 8:11 AM:
>

> > Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

> He should have used a iPhone, the DOF is a joke. *Clearly the dear old thing
> hasn't got a clue how to control DOF... *Then again, no wonder: after seeing
> what he believes controls DOF maybe he should have taken the image with a
> bellows 10X12 film camera and then reduce it to his usual web size?

Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
defined point of interest.

Noons 04-29-2012 12:54 AM

Re: - A is up

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 12:13 AM:

> Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
> infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
> defined point of interest.

Which was what?
Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
Riveting...

PeterN 04-29-2012 01:34 AM

Re: - A is up

On 4/28/2012 8:54 PM, Noons wrote:
> Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 12:13 AM:
>

>> Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
>> infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
>> defined point of interest.

> Which was what?
> Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
> Riveting...

Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time
because I have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still
don't know when I will, but hope it will be soon.

--
Peter

Noons 04-29-2012 01:47 PM

Re: - A is up

PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 11:34 AM:

>>> Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
>>> infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
>>> defined point of interest.

>> Which was what?
>> Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
>> Riveting...

> Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time because I
> have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still don't know when I
> will, but hope it will be soon.

Man, that sucks. Hope you're back in shooting form soon.
Won't be seeing any from me ever, in that troll site.

PeterN 04-29-2012 04:27 PM

Re: - A is up

On 4/29/2012 9:47 AM, Noons wrote:

>>> Which was what?
>>> Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
>>> Riveting...

>> Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time
>> because I
>> have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still don't know
>> when I
>> will, but hope it will be soon.

> Man, that sucks. Hope you're back in shooting form soon.
> Won't be seeing any from me ever, in that troll site.

Thanks,
IMHO it can be a lot better if we get more contributors.

--
Peter