Velocity Reviews

-   -   problem with my printer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t945456-problem-with-my-printer.html)

vvvasso 04-16-2012 09:04 PM

problem with my printer

I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
problem with it.
It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but......
the level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the
programs from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the
articles, see if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it
all WORKS.
So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
running on XP.
My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you
have a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal
human been?

P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the
printer work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends
laptop.

If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
real stuff.
Thank u all very much.

vvvasso

ray 04-17-2012 12:22 AM

Re: problem with my printer

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:04:58 -0700, vvvasso wrote:

> I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
> problem with it.
> It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
> blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but...... the
> level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the programs
> from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the articles, see
> if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it all WORKS.
> So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
> and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
> running on XP.
> My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you have
> a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal human been?
>
> P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the printer
> work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends laptop.
>
> If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
> real stuff.
> Thank u all very much.
>
> vvvasso

Does it print a test page from the printer's control panel?

vvvasso 04-17-2012 06:49 PM

Re: problem with my printer

On 17 tra, 02:22, ray <r...@zianet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:04:58 -0700, vvvasso wrote:
> > I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
> > problem with it.
> > It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
> > blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but...... the
> > level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the programs
> > from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the articles, see
> > if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it all WORKS.
> > So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
> > and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
> > running on XP.
> > My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you have
> > a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal human been?

> > P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the printer
> > work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends laptop.

> > If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
> > real stuff.
> > Thank u all very much.

> > vvvasso

> Does it print a test page from the printer's control panel?

Yes

Nervous Nick 04-17-2012 10:28 PM

Re: problem with my printer

On Apr 16, 4:04*pm, vvvasso <vvva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a relatively new printer HP photosmart 7960, and i have a huge
> problem with it.
> It want print documents or pictures that i choose, but i just get a
> blank peace of paper. i thought that the printer is gone.but......
> the level of ink is at its almost full,and when i start one of the
> programs from the printers software (clean the heads, centering the
> articles, see if all the colors are displayed coretly...and so on), it
> all WORKS.
> So i came to the conclusion that somwhere in the link between printer
> and my computer(relativly new dual core Pentium with 2 GB RAM, and
> running on XP.
> My question is? Does anybody know what am i talking about(maybe you
> have a simillar problem yourself), and how to print like a normal
> human been?
>
> P.S. - I have all the latest drivers, and interesting anough the
> printer work just fine on my stepfathers Macintosh, and a friends
> laptop.
>
> If i asked this question on a wrong place, please redirect me to the
> real stuff.
> Thank u all very much.
>
> vvvasso

Is it a "print to file" issue?