Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Hell Boy: Can't Trun Off Commentaries (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t945408-hell-boy-cant-trun-off-commentaries.html)

(PeteCresswell) 04-15-2012 01:18 PM

Hell Boy: Can't Trun Off Commentaries
 
ISBN 1-4359-2975-6

Seems like there are two commentaries available: Director's and
Cast's.

But no matter what I do, I cannot play if with no commentary. It
always plays one or the other.

After reading the jacket and listening to the director's intro, I
get the impression that it *could* be just that way: no regular
track, only the two commentary tracks.

But that doesn't seem reasonable given the zero cost of doing it
right.

So...

Does anybody else have this DVD?

Can anybody shed some light?
--
Pete Cresswell

the dog from that film you saw 04-15-2012 09:19 PM

Re: Hell Boy: Can't Trun Off Commentaries
 
On 15/04/2012 2:18 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
> ISBN 1-4359-2975-6
>
> Seems like there are two commentaries available: Director's and
> Cast's.
>
> But no matter what I do, I cannot play if with no commentary. It
> always plays one or the other.
>
> After reading the jacket and listening to the director's intro, I
> get the impression that it *could* be just that way: no regular
> track, only the two commentary tracks.
>
> But that doesn't seem reasonable given the zero cost of doing it
> right.
>
> So...
>
> Does anybody else have this DVD?
>
> Can anybody shed some light?




why not just press the audio button on your remote to switch through
them all?
i'd be incredily surprised if there was no regular soundtrack.

--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.

(PeteCresswell) 04-16-2012 12:43 AM

Re: Hell Boy: Can't Trun Off Commentaries
 
Per the dog from that film you saw:
>why not just press the audio button on your remote to switch through
>them all?
>i'd be incredily surprised if there was no regular soundtrack.


You are, of course, correct: there was a conventional audio
track.

Never even knew about the "Audio" button - that's how much I use
a DVD player... -)

Attempting to try that out, I put the DVD back in the same player
and, guess what.... It played a-ok. However the audio button
didn't have the expected effect of flipping to commentary.

But before I read your post, I went at it with a DVD ripping
utility and found four sound tracks: 3 English and one French...
which is about what I would expect for two commentaries and a
plain native sound track.

Ripped one of each until I came up with the regular track.


--
Pete Cresswell

Brian 04-16-2012 11:10 AM

Re: Hell Boy: Can't Trun Off Commentaries
 
"(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote:
> Per the dog from that film you saw:
>> why not just press the audio button on your remote to switch through
>> them all?
>> i'd be incredily surprised if there was no regular soundtrack.

>
> You are, of course, correct: there was a conventional audio
> track.
>
> Never even knew about the "Audio" button - that's how much I use
> a DVD player... -)
>
> Attempting to try that out, I put the DVD back in the same player
> and, guess what.... It played a-ok. However the audio button
> didn't have the expected effect of flipping to commentary.
>
> But before I read your post, I went at it with a DVD ripping
> utility and found four sound tracks: 3 English and one French...
> which is about what I would expect for two commentaries and a
> plain native sound track.
>
> Ripped one of each until I came up with the regular track.
>


I'd suggest that you study the manual for your DVD player as you could be
missing out on some other features of your DVD player.


--
Regards Brian


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.