Velocity Reviews

-   -   Java JDesktop GUI Segmentation Fault on first use in CDE (Solaris 10)Until I Logout and Log Back in (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t945346-java-jdesktop-gui-segmentation-fault-on-first-use-in-cde-solaris-10-until-i-logout-and-log-back-in.html)

brianjester@gmail.com 04-12-2012 09:18 PM

Java JDesktop GUI Segmentation Fault on first use in CDE (Solaris 10)Until I Logout and Log Back in

I have a Java Jdesktop GUI created in Netbeans 7.0.1 and the target architecture in sun4u/sun4v with Solaris 10 and CDE when I attempt to run it for the first time after installing it with pkgadd it crashes:

pkgadd -d myAppPkg

java -jar myApp.jar

I get:

Segmentation Fault - core dumped

If I log out and log in, the problem goes away and I can launch the Jar just fine and the GUI appears.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Brian

Brian Jester 04-16-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Java JDesktop GUI Segmentation Fault on first use in CDE (Solaris10) Until I Logout and Log Back in

Patricia,

Anything I might try to keep it from faulting?

Brian

Roedy Green 05-15-2012 04:48 AM

Re: Java JDesktop GUI Segmentation Fault on first use in CDE (Solaris 10) Until I Logout and Log Back in

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Brian Jester
<brianjester@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
said :

>Anything I might try to keep it from faulting?

If you have threads:

1. try to replace anything you can with java.util.concurrent library
code.

2. go through any threading code line by line imagining some other
thread like a jittery puppy trying to interfere.

3. remove the threading and add it back a little at a time.

4. run the code in a debugger. It may tell you more about where the
trouble is happening.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com