Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nex-3/5/7 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t945244-nex-3-5-7-a.html)

AD 04-09-2012 09:30 AM

Nex-3/5/7

Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

thanks

nospam 04-09-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

In article
<37f97fe9-955c-4266-b60f-3c3ac1caadf9@l14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, AD
<isquat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

Irwell 04-09-2012 03:36 PM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:

> In article
> <37f97fe9-955c-4266-b60f-3c3ac1caadf9@l14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, AD
> <isquat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
>> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

> if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

nospam 04-09-2012 03:54 PM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$.dlg@40tude.net>, Irwell
<hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
> >> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

> > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

> I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
> happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
> touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
> is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

if so, then anything metal will cause it. it's not an apple issue.

J. Clarke 04-09-2012 04:14 PM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$.dlg@40tude.net>, hook@yahoo.com
says...

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <37f97fe9-955c-4266-b60f-3c3ac1caadf9@l14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, AD
> > <isquat@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
> >> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

> > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

> I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
> happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
> touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
> is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

Don't need plastics for that though. Wool carpet and a brass doorknob
do fine.

Irwell 04-09-2012 07:26 PM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:14:21 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

> In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$.dlg@40tude.net>, hook@yahoo.com
> says...
>>
>> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <37f97fe9-955c-4266-b60f-3c3ac1caadf9@l14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, AD

>>> if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

>> I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
>> happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
>> touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
>> is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

> Don't need plastics for that though. Wool carpet and a brass doorknob
> do fine.

Discharge yourself before diving into your computer.

RichA 04-10-2012 07:36 PM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

On Apr 9, 12:14*pm, "J. Clarke" <jclarkeuse...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$....@40tude.net>, h...@yahoo.com
> says...
>

> > On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:

> > > In article
> > > <37f97fe9-955c-4266-b60f-3c3ac1caa...@l14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, AD

> > > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

> > I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
> > happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
> > touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
> > is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

> Don't need plastics for that though. *Wool carpet and a brass doorknob
> do fine.

I think static charge is built-up when someone has something plastic
on their person, a partially synthetic jacket, shoes, etc.

AD 04-16-2012 08:42 AM

Re: Nex-3/5/7

On Apr 10, 3:00*am, Bowser <ooo...@mmmmyyy.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 02:30:04 -0700 (PDT), AD <isq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
> >when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

> >thanks

> No, Sony zaps you when they sell you can camera with a great sensor
> and crap lenses.

What are the alternatives besides S100?
tnx

AD 04-16-2012 08:45 AM

Re: Nex-3/5/7, tethered chairs

On Apr 9, 1:08*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2012-04-09 02:30:04 -0700, AD <isq...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
> > when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

> > thanks

> ...and what way is that? Inquiring minds wonder.

I'm not a masochistic type.
Don't need another zapper.

> I have been accumulating Apple devices since 1983 and I have only been
> zapped in my wallet.

Good for you. Not so good for your wallet.
I've been zapped by iphone 3GS, last gen ipod (bought new),
all 3 generations of ipads.

I guess the nylon coat will have to go though it rains a lot around
this time of year here.

The office has tiles, no sign US-style wall to wall carpeting.
The chair upholstery is probably synthetic of cheaper ilk.
Wonder if connecting the fabric to PG in the outlet would do any good.