Velocity Reviews

-   -   Follow up to Lytro (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t944901-follow-up-to-lytro.html)

philo 03-30-2012 07:00 PM

Follow up to Lytro

Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
continue evaluating

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

James Silverton 03-30-2012 07:14 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 3/30/2012 3:00 PM, philo wrote:
> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
> continue evaluating

Can you bring the facial hair into focus since it seemed somewhat out on
the otherwise satisfactory 300% enlargement with Irfanview?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

philo 03-30-2012 09:26 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 03:30 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2012-03-30 15:00 , philo wrote:
>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
>> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
>> continue evaluating

> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!

OK here is the first one...

I will try to come up with more with a very wide range

https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67929

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

philo 03-30-2012 09:31 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 02:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-03-30 12:00:37 -0700, philo <philo@none.inv> said:
>
>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has
>> a dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and
>> can continue evaluating

> OK!
> I would suggest going to OWC for a battery, I have got replacements from
> them for both a MacBook G3 and a PowerBook Pro G4. I usually go to them
> for many things Mac.
> < http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Apple/Laptop/Batteries >

OK I am sure I will want to get a battery but it's not high priority.
I got the Mac just to run the Lytro software

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

philo 03-30-2012 09:31 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 02:14 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 3/30/2012 3:00 PM, philo wrote:
>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
>> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
>> continue evaluating
>>

> Can you bring the facial hair into focus since it seemed somewhat out on
> the otherwise satisfactory 300% enlargement with Irfanview?

I just posted a link to a living image, you can play with the focus there

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

James Silverton 03-30-2012 09:32 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 3/30/2012 5:26 PM, philo wrote:
> On 03/30/2012 03:30 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2012-03-30 15:00 , philo wrote:
>>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
>>> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
>>> continue evaluating

>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
>>

> OK here is the first one...
>
> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
>

> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67929

Looks pretty good but is your mustache in focus?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

philo 03-30-2012 09:47 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 04:31 PM, philo wrote:
> On 03/30/2012 02:14 PM, James Silverton wrote:
>> On 3/30/2012 3:00 PM, philo wrote:
>>> Found a decent Mac Book. Works perfectly but was real cheap as it has a
>>> dead battery. Now I finally can run the Lytro on my own computer and can
>>> continue evaluating
>>>

>> Can you bring the facial hair into focus since it seemed somewhat out on
>> the otherwise satisfactory 300% enlargement with Irfanview?
>>

> I just posted a link to a living image, you can play with the focus there

here is another I just uploaded

https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67941

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

philo 03-30-2012 09:49 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 04:32 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 3/30/2012 5:26 PM, philo wrote:
>>>
>>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
>>>

>> OK here is the first one...
>>
>> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
>>

>> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67929
>>

> Looks pretty good but is your mustache in focus?

Even though I am bald, my hair is a mess. Possible nothing could focus
on me :)

This link should be good for viewing my album. I will post more as I get
the time

https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser-27327160391284#

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

philo 03-30-2012 09:52 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 04:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-03-30 14:26:55 -0700, philo <philo@none.inv> said:

>>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
>>>

>> OK here is the first one...
>>
>> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
>>

>> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67929

> It Works!

yes it really does.

Considering how much I was earning when I purchased my Pentax in 1971

The Lytro *and* the used Mac I purchased were about half of the relative
price.

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

philo 03-30-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Follow up to Lytro

On 03/30/2012 05:19 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2012-03-30 17:26 , philo wrote:
>>>
>>> Great. I look forward to a user focusable image!
>>>

>> OK here is the first one...
>>
>> I will try to come up with more with a very wide range
>>

>> https://pictures.lytro.com/lytrouser...pictures/67929

> Well ... it works. But I look forward to a deeper focus range.

OK

will get to it later...I just got home from work and need to relax now

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686