Velocity Reviews

-   -   correction brings more errors (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t944690-correction-brings-more-errors.html)

thedarkman 03-24-2012 08:36 PM

correction brings more errors

I added a Doctype to this page

http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html

and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
by the site.

richard 03-24-2012 09:36 PM

Re: correction brings more errors

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:

> I added a Doctype to this page
>
> http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html
>
> and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
>
> shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
> by the site.

One thing you can try to determine the source of the errors, is to use the
validator's "check by file upload" feature.
Save your page without the banner crap and check it.
If it's clean, then the error's are from the banner.

Then, I would suggest you find some other host who knows how to do proper
coding. Better, get your own domain and forget the banners.

Doug Miller 03-24-2012 10:41 PM

Re: correction brings more errors

richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in news:amgehioqx5yi.1d0scyli8ui23.dlg@
40tude.net:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:
>
>> I added a Doctype to this page
>>
>> http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html
>>
>> and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,
>>
>> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...uilty.20m.com%

2Fram_mumia.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%2 9&doctype=Inline&group=0

>> shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
>> by the site.

> One thing you can try to determine the source of the errors, is to use the
> validator's "check by file upload" feature.
> Save your page without the banner crap and check it.
> If it's clean, then the error's are from the banner.
>
> Then, I would suggest you find some other host who knows how to do proper
> coding. Better, get your own domain and forget the banners.

LMAO! Richard, changing hosts isn't going to help him. His problem is that *he* doesn't
know how to do proper coding.

richard 03-25-2012 01:00 AM

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:41:51 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

> richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in news:amgehioqx5yi.1d0scyli8ui23.dlg@
> 40tude.net:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:
>>
>>> I added a Doctype to this page
>>>
>>> http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_mumia.html
>>>
>>> and corrected an error too. Now instead of 24 errors,
>>>
>>> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...uilty.20m.com%

> 2Fram_mumia.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%2 9&doctype=Inline&group=0
>>>
>>> shows 25. I wondered if it was something to do with the code inserted
>>> by the site.

>> One thing you can try to determine the source of the errors, is to use the
>> validator's "check by file upload" feature.
>> Save your page without the banner crap and check it.
>> If it's clean, then the error's are from the banner.
>>
>> Then, I would suggest you find some other host who knows how to do proper
>> coding. Better, get your own domain and forget the banners.

> LMAO! Richard, changing hosts isn't going to help him. His problem is that *he* doesn't
> know how to do proper coding.

I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
the errors.

But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a
Where do I sign up?

Doug Miller 03-25-2012 02:57 AM

Re: correction brings more errors

richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in news:imu8xrm5zcg3$.11ytba9yk26l3.dlg@
40tude.net:

> I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
> He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
> work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
> the errors.
>
> But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a

You might want to look at that again.

richard 03-25-2012 03:56 AM

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 02:57:24 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

> richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in news:imu8xrm5zcg3$.11ytba9yk26l3.dlg@
> 40tude.net:
>
>> I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
>> He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
>> work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
>> the errors.
>>
>> But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a

> You might want to look at that again.
>
>>And those guys got paid to do that?
>> Where do I sign up?

Still, the div is outside of the <body> where it must be.

Doug Miller 03-25-2012 01:31 PM

Re: correction brings more errors

richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in news:1s0osw6ojiczo.72rhxqu4y3x8$.dlg@
40tude.net:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 02:57:24 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
>
>> richard <member@newsguy.com> wrote in news:imu8xrm5zcg3$.11ytba9yk26l3.dlg@
>> 40tude.net:
>>
>>> I posted not realizing who I was posting too.
>>> He most likely tried removing the banner stuff and found out that didn't
>>> work. Or he cut and pasted the first few lines thinking that would correct
>>> the errors.
>>>
>>> But if you notice, the idiots who wrote the code for the banner included a

>> You might want to look at that again.
>>
>>>And those guys got paid to do that?
>>> Where do I sign up?
>>>

> Still, the div is outside of the <body> where it must be.

Where do you see <body> tags at all?

Don't blame the hosting company for that mess, though.

thedarkman 03-25-2012 04:55 PM

Re: correction brings more errors

Hi,

I own 3 domains, I used to own 5 but never for this one. This is a
small site dedicated to a particular nasty murder case.

I've been using 20m.com for some time and it's okay for this purpose.

Glad though to hear that other people write worse code than me.

Jonathan N. Little 03-25-2012 05:47 PM

thedarkman wrote:

> Glad though to hear that other people write worse code than me.

That may be so but it won't fix *your* code.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO