Velocity Reviews

-   -   Expand Treeview (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t94385-expand-treeview.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SHV0dHk=?= 01-12-2005 06:59 PM

Expand Treeview

I'm using the Microsoft.Web.UI.Webcontrol treeview, and I manually entered
the tree information through the editor. However, when I run the webpage it
does not present data in a treeview. Instead, it reads the data across the
page horizontally.
Is there a step I'm missing?

thanks
--
Hutty

=?Utf-8?B?c2FyYQ==?= 01-12-2005 07:25 PM

RE: Expand Treeview

Hi Hutty
u forget to use style sheet
or there is another property named imageurl or i dont remeber exatly
but u must link to the url of a style
hint : the style is dowunloaded with this control

=?Utf-8?B?SHV0dHk=?= 01-12-2005 09:31 PM

RE: Expand Treeview

Thanks for the tip Sara. Thus far my research has yielded nothing that would
give a clue as to what I need to include. I've tried the treeview with
examples from msdn site as well. Still get the horizontal look. I'll keep
looking for examples.
thanks

=?Utf-8?B?c2FyYQ==?= 01-13-2005 07:09 AM

RE: Expand Treeview

u r welcome
look Hutty
i got this problem before when i upload my project to server
and this is cos:
1) im trying to refrence the dll from my machine not from server
2) the property SystemImagePath must be refrence to the path of the style(+
,_ ,..) the view of the tree it doesent work without this and it will apper
horizantal
belive me u need to look to this property

Patrick Olurotimi Ige 01-13-2005 07:28 AM

Re: Expand Treeview

Hi Hutty,
when using this controls u have to make sure the DLL file is under
the BIN folder in the WWWROOT.
And did u install the Treeview well?
And by the way are using VS.NET to run it b-cos u might need to Add the
control from using Add Reference.
And again do u have the folder "webctrl_client" that contains the
components instaled properly?
Hope this helps
Patrick

=?Utf-8?B?SHV0dHk=?= 01-14-2005 02:55 PM

Re: Expand Treeview

Finally, I got it to work. Turns out you both were correct. For some
reason, web_client folder did not have a subfolder calle "1_0". It was
included with the web_client, "web_client1_0". The systempath was set to
the default "/web_client/1_0/treeimages/". So, it was a matter of correcting
path and renaming folders correctly.

Thanks for your help.