Velocity Reviews

-   -   Double double display display problem problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9429-double-double-display-display-problem-problem.html)

Tom Accuosti 09-26-2004 03:23 AM

Double double display display problem problem

No, I'm serious. I'm setting up Mozz 1.7.3 on my Dell laptop, and I've
got two things going on.
- All bookmarks are doubled - even ones that I enter manually in the
Manager appear duplicated in the menu.
- The Extension Manager which gives a list of other options is also
duplicating the menus.

And of course, it hung as I was trying to reset my profile, and now I
can't even get it started. Dang.

I suspect it was one of the extensions that I installed, but I'm not
sure which one. I know that on my work machine Tabbed Browswer Prefs
made it act a bit whacky so I uninstalled it. I suspect that this might
be the case. Either that or I accidentally installed an extension meant
for FF or TB instead.

Anyway, I'm looking for ideas before I uninstall and delete everything.

Tom
Tom

Kerodo 09-26-2004 03:54 AM

Re: Double double display display problem problem

In article <ZCq5d.12831$ou.8299@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com> ,
taccuosti@earthlink.net says...
> No, I'm serious. I'm setting up Mozz 1.7.3 on my Dell laptop, and I've
> got two things going on.
> - All bookmarks are doubled - even ones that I enter manually in the
> Manager appear duplicated in the menu.
> - The Extension Manager which gives a list of other options is also
> duplicating the menus.
>
> And of course, it hung as I was trying to reset my profile, and now I
> can't even get it started. Dang.
>
> I suspect it was one of the extensions that I installed, but I'm not
> sure which one. I know that on my work machine Tabbed Browswer Prefs
> made it act a bit whacky so I uninstalled it. I suspect that this might
> be the case. Either that or I accidentally installed an extension meant
> for FF or TB instead.
>
> Anyway, I'm looking for ideas before I uninstall and delete everything.

I got items doubled in menus in an older version of Tabbrowser
Extensions (TBE). You might look into that. When all else fails,
uninstall everything, delete your profiles and start over... :)

--
Kerodo

Tom Accuosti 09-26-2004 04:08 AM

Kerodo wrote:
> In article <ZCq5d.12831$ou.8299@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com> ,
> taccuosti@earthlink.net says...
>
>>No, I'm serious. I'm setting up Mozz 1.7.3 on my Dell laptop, and I've
>>got two things going on.
>> - All bookmarks are doubled - even ones that I enter manually in the
>>Manager appear duplicated in the menu.
>> - The Extension Manager which gives a list of other options is also
>>duplicating the menus.
>>
>>And of course, it hung as I was trying to reset my profile, and now I
>>can't even get it started. Dang.
>>
>>I suspect it was one of the extensions that I installed, but I'm not
>>sure which one. I know that on my work machine Tabbed Browswer Prefs
>>made it act a bit whacky so I uninstalled it. I suspect that this might
>>be the case. Either that or I accidentally installed an extension meant
>>for FF or TB instead.
>>
>>Anyway, I'm looking for ideas before I uninstall and delete everything.
>>

> I got items doubled in menus in an older version of Tabbrowser
> Extensions (TBE). You might look into that. When all else fails,
> uninstall everything, delete your profiles and start over... :)

Yup, deleted the extension then reinstalled Mozz. I've now seen that a
few people have had issues with TBE.

Tom

Travis Evans 09-27-2004 10:02 PM

On 09/25/2004 11:08 PM, Tom Accuosti wrote:
> Kerodo wrote:
>
> Yup, deleted the extension then reinstalled Mozz. I've now seen that a
> few people have had issues with TBE.

TBE in particular has a lot of issues, because it is so complex and
affects so many parts of the browser. But any extension can cause
problems with the Suite/Firefox/Thunderbird, etc. My recommendation is
for every time you decide to install an extension, make a complete
backup of your profile first, and then install the extension. Often if
problems occur (mainly for extensions that allow you to install them in
your profile instead of globally in the browser installation), you can
replace your profile with the backup you made to revert the profile to
the state it was in before the extension was installed.

--
Travis
[Remove all three q's to demunge my email address.]