Velocity Reviews

-   Case Modding (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f7-case-modding.html)
-   -   unholys case, need modding! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t941-unholys-case-need-modding.html)

unholy 11-08-2005 06:24 AM

unholys case, need modding!

So here some pictures. i am thinking of something to do with the front but i would like to keep the case in shape, its a Great case. i was also thinking of buying a new case and modding it for the soul purpose of modding it.
http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stu...e/IMG_0168.JPG
http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stu...e/IMG_0166.JPG
http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stu...e/IMG_0167.JPG

XhArD 11-08-2005 06:46 AM

Third pic link didn't work :|

unholy 11-08-2005 07:38 AM

musta tried to view it whilist it was still uploading, torrents take half my upload bandwidth :D

XhArD 11-08-2005 09:34 AM

K. I dunno how you could mod it, but it'd have to be something special...

The Modfather 11-08-2005 12:26 PM

Damn, that is one BUTT UGLY case man, no offense, but did you trashpick that?
Alright, first things first, those damned grooves have GOT to go. Get a piece of sheet metal and cover the front of that thing or better yet, some nice silver mesh. Make drive stealth plates with the mesh on them, raised off of the aluminum plates about 1/8th of an inch. Avoid using blue lighting, it's getting passe, try something different, maybe yellow or something. Mesh the whole front so it looks totally uniform. Mount the power button on the top or side of the case, keep the front clean. You're not showing any side panel pics, I hate that you can't seem to take a case pic with the whole case in the pic but, I'd go for something unique and different there... Stay with the brushed aluminum but instead of your plain jane case window, try drilling lots of holes in the side to simulate the mesh look on the front, only on a somewhat larger hole scale. Mount two fans, diagonally in there with red lights (yellow and red lighting, it'd be different). To cut down on dust, mount a pice of plexi inside the panel (cut holes for the fans of course). Do the right side with the mesh, wrap the panel in it and paint it to match the color scheme. Have that mesh wrap around up to the top of the case, paint it red and yellow. Some kind of interesting high tech and clean design. Looks like there's already a blowhole in the top, mount a red fan or yellow fan in there. Maybe put a cowl on that fan that sticks up through the mesh.

unholy 11-08-2005 02:31 PM

ok, i have a really goo idea. how about i make a case?
i was going to go withe the black and yellow but not 100% sure it would look good.
What i will be doing is making a frame out of Steel or Aluminium, and wield it together to make a frame. Get some more of that metal and make a mount for the motherboard and back. or use plexi/acrylic. Black acrylic on the top bottom and sides but the front. i aint 100% sure.
This case is outa league for modding, so i will have to get a new one :D. plus i like the case its very very very well built. and by the way, i got it for review modfather :D i will get a simple render of the case i am looking at making, i might go beatta and make it double width?
I am going to go for a dragon design for the side, the motherboard matchs the yellow, with a dab of orange. and presto! we will see what it looks like :D
for now i am going to make the inverted testbed case.
Then ask my dad if he can help me with the wielf for the frame (i neva used a weilder before :P)

XhArD 11-09-2005 05:26 AM

if you decide to weld steel together to make a case AT HOME, it's gonna be damn heavy. And dragons suck. and welder doesn't have an I in it :P

unholy 11-09-2005 06:33 AM

aciddent i was typing it real late at night. 5 minutes before i went sleep. Its not going to be heavy because only the frame is made out of Steel.

XhArD 11-09-2005 09:33 AM

Well if you're as bad at welding as you are at everything else, good luck to you. :P

The Modfather 11-09-2005 01:51 PM

Awww, scrud you man! I'm not gonna give you no more ideas if you're just gonna ignore me.