Velocity Reviews

-   -   "'func' is not defined" in Firefox when whole local path to src isspecified in my page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t939589-func-is-not-defined-in-firefox-when-whole-local-path-to-src-isspecified-in-my-page.html)

Sébastien de Mapias 10-05-2009 08:53 AM

"'func' is not defined" in Firefox when whole local path to src isspecified in my page

Hi,

The following page
<script src="d:\temp\aa\stuff.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
does not work with Firefox (the script stuff.js contains a 'stuffAlert
()'
function which only consists in "alert('test');"), yet works OK with
IE or Chrome. Obviously Firefox does not like you to mess with
locally defined script does it ? (if I remove "d:\temp\" in the src
it works OK -my html page is located in d:\temp-)

Is there a way to have Firefox behave just like IE or Chrome ?

Thanks.
Regards,
Seb

Bart Lateur 10-05-2009 09:22 AM

Re: "'func' is not defined" in Firefox when whole local path to src is specified in my page

Sébastien de Mapias wrote:

>The following page
><script src="d:\temp\aa\stuff.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
>does not work with Firefox (the script stuff.js contains a 'stuffAlert
>()'
>function which only consists in "alert('test');"), yet works OK with
>IE or Chrome. Obviously Firefox does not like you to mess with
>locally defined script does it ? (if I remove "d:\temp\" in the src
>it works OK -my html page is located in d:\temp-)
>
>Is there a way to have Firefox behave just like IE or Chrome ?

I suspect the "URL" of your script is what is bothering Firefox. Try
making it a "file:" URL.

--
Bart.

Sébastien de Mapias 10-05-2009 09:38 AM

On 5 oct, 11:22, Bart Lateur <bart.lat...@pandora.be> wrote:
> I suspect the "URL" of your script is what is bothering Firefox. Try
> making it a "file:" URL.

Inderdaad ! Nu werkt dat perfekt. Bedankt.
Seb