Velocity Reviews

-   -   kiddy question about newsticker snippet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t937652-kiddy-question-about-newsticker-snippet.html)

R.P. 11-17-2008 11:53 AM

kiddy question about newsticker snippet

Hi,

I maintain a (hobby) website http://www.randspringer.de/ and want
substitute the current ticker (currently *simple* text) with one that is able
to *link* to some other page.

Of course the code should work with all common browsers
(because I'm not very familiar with Javascript I do not know if there is a
W3C standard).

Any good free js-source for this ?

Thomas

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn 11-17-2008 06:51 PM

Re: kiddy question about newsticker snippet

R.P. wrote:
> I maintain a (hobby) website http://www.randspringer.de/ and want
> substitute the current ticker (currently *simple* text) with one
> that is able to *link* to some other page.

You really want to substitute the current ticker with nothing at all.
Trust me.

PointedEars

R.P. 11-17-2008 08:33 PM

Re: kiddy question about newsticker snippet

Am Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:51:29 +0100
schrieb Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars@web.de>:

> R.P. wrote:
> > I maintain a (hobby) website http://www.randspringer.de/ and want
> > substitute the current ticker (currently *simple* text) with one
> > that is able to *link* to some other page.

> You really want to substitute the current ticker with nothing at all.
> Trust me.

?!

--
http://www.randspringer.de

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn 11-17-2008 08:38 PM

R.P. wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars@web.de> [wrote:]
>> R.P. wrote:
>>> I maintain a (hobby) website http://www.randspringer.de/ and want
>>> substitute the current ticker (currently *simple* text) with one
>>> that is able to *link* to some other page.

>> You really want to substitute the current ticker with nothing at all.
>> Trust me.
>>

> ?!

Assuming from your From address and attribution line that you, too,
understand German[1]:

[de] <http://www.kommdesign.de/galerie/inhalte/ticker.htm>

HTH

PointedEars
___________
[1] FYI: There is de.comp.lang.javascript, but you wouldn't get very far
will want to steal it.)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn 11-17-2008 08:46 PM

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> [1] FYI: There is de.comp.lang.javascript, but you wouldn't get very far

.... there without a real name.

(somehow my .sig randomizer[1] removed that line)

PointedEars
[1] <http://mozext.achimonline.de/signatureswitch_about.php>