Velocity Reviews

-   -   'object required' ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t936463-object-required.html)

CreativeMind 07-09-2008 11:41 AM

'object required' ?

hi all,
I updated my application from VS2003(.NET framework 1.1) to
VS2008(.NET framework 3.5).
My form uses a dropdownlist cboLocation. In 1.1 there is no error
accessing that form. but when i use 3.5, i get error of 'object
required'. when i break and quick-watch the value of
document.getElementById("cboLocation") , it shows 'null'. btw, there
is a value in dropdownlist. what should i change??

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn 07-09-2008 11:44 AM

Re: 'object required' ?

CreativeMind wrote:
> I updated my application from VS2003(.NET framework 1.1) to
> VS2008(.NET framework 3.5).
> My form uses a dropdownlist cboLocation. In 1.1 there is no error
> accessing that form. but when i use 3.5, i get error of 'object
> required'. when i break and quick-watch the value of
> document.getElementById("cboLocation") , it shows 'null'. btw, there
> is a value in dropdownlist. what should i change??

Try Brain 1.0 instead.

<http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

PointedEars

jdalton 07-09-2008 07:04 PM

Re: 'object required' ?

View the source of the page and see if there is an element with the ID
of "cboLocation".
If it's in a master template control or something it may have a prefix
automatically added to the ID.

- JDD