Velocity Reviews

-   -   FAQ Topic - What online resources are available? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t929589-faq-topic-what-online-resources-are-available.html)

FAQ server 02-05-2007 12:00 AM

FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-

http://javascript.faqts.com/

Mozilla JavaScript 1.5 reference:-

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript

Index of Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online (These documents are no longer available form Netscape but are still reproduced by Sun Microsystems, Inc.):-

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/

Index of Archived Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online and for download:-

http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/libr...1.3/reference/

Online Gecko DOM Reference:-

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._DOM_Reference

Download:-

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref.zip

Microsoft (D)HTML reference:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ence_entry.asp

JScript reference and main Microsoft script site:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...bfe2330aa9.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

Opera Documentation:-

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/#ecmascript

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/js/

ICab's Inscript documentation:-

http://www.muchsoft.com/inscript/

Archived documentation for MSIE 3.x:-

http://members.tripod.com/~housten/download/

The official ECMAScript specification:-

http://www.ecma-international.org/pu...s/Ecma-262.htm

Other versions of the ECMAScript specification:-

http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/

DOM level 1 ECMA script binding:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1...e-binding.html

DOM HTML level 2 ECMA script binding:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTM...t-binding.html

FESI - a free implementation of ECMAScript in Java:-

http://www.lugrin.ch/fesi/index.html

Frequently asked questions about source code obfuscation:-

http://jibbering.com/faq/obfuscate.html

Sites discussing Active Server Pages:-

http://www.15seconds.com/

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

http://www.aspfaq.com/

DHTML source code and tutorials:-

http://www.w3schools.com/

Sites focused on using Scripting to automate Windows:-

http://www.windows-script.com/

http://cwashington.netreach.net/

Microsoft's Windows Scripting Host (WSH) Newsgroup:-
microsoft.public.scripting.wsh

Manipulating times, dates and the lastModified date and time in javascript:-

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-dates.htm

Venkman - Mozilla Visual JS debugger:-

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/

Whitebeam Apache Module - Server Side Javascript in Apache;-

http://www.whitebeam.org/

Digital Mars DMD Script, console and MS Active Script implementation of ECMAScript, claimed to be faster than other implementations:-

http://www.digitalmars.com/dscript/

Microsoft Script Debugger Download:

Microsoft Script Debugger Documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ml/sdbug_1.asp

===
comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

Dr J R Stockton 02-05-2007 06:19 PM

Re: FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$14726298@news.sunsite.
dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <javascript@dotinternet.be>
posted:
>FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>
>Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>
>http://javascript.faqts.com/

That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
or reading first.

The index needs spell-correcting for convenient search.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk DOS 3.3, 6.20 ; WinXP.
Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.

Randy Webb 02-06-2007 05:31 PM

Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$14726298@news.sunsite.
> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <javascript@dotinternet.be>
> posted:
>> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>>
>> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>>
>> http://javascript.faqts.com/

> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
> or reading first.

It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Dr J R Stockton 02-07-2007 01:57 PM

Re: FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

In comp.lang.javascript message <P-6dnRKZCdjxJlXY4p2dnA@telcove.net>,
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:31:43, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted:
>Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
>> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$14726298@news.sunsite.
>> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <javascript@dotinternet.be>
>> posted:
>>> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>>>
>>> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>>>
>>> http://javascript.faqts.com/

>> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth
>>mentioning
>> or reading first.

>It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
>and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

Is the draft on-line? If it were, we could point out new errors before
they formally appear.

In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
improvements should be immediately available.

Randy Webb 02-08-2007 12:09 AM

Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/7/2007 8:57 AM:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <P-6dnRKZCdjxJlXY4p2dnA@telcove.net>,
> Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:31:43, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted:
>> Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
>>> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$14726298@news.sunsite.
>>> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <javascript@dotinternet.be>
>>> posted:

>>> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth
>>> mentioning
>>> or reading first.

>> It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
>> and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

> Is the draft on-line?

Not yet.

> If it were, we could point out new errors before they formally appear.

That is the desire if I can ever manage to finish the draft document.

> In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
> try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
> improvements should be immediately available.

Right now, it isn't even a complete document. It is a complete
re-write/re-organization of 9.xx where a lot of items get moved around,
anchors got renamed, some items got re-organized (especially the online
resources section).

When I can get a completed document (at least through Section 3), the
intentions are to go ahead and post it on-line for
comments/suggestions/corrections before moving on to Section 4. Then,
Section 4 will probably be done 3 or 4 entries at the time so I can keep
up with it instead of trying to edit/update/maintain 40-odd entries at
one time.