Velocity Reviews

-   -   Assignment Help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t928661-assignment-help.html)

nick_thompson@hotmail.co.uk 12-11-2006 05:46 PM

Assignment Help

hey im doing an assignment on scripting languages and i was wondering
if someone could tell me the main differences between JavaScript,
JScript, and VBScript, and also give me some examples of JScript and
VBScript and where they are used.

many thanks

VK 12-11-2006 05:51 PM

Re: Assignment Help

<http://www.jibbering.com/faq>

nick_thompson@hotmail.co.uk 12-11-2006 05:58 PM

Re: Assignment Help

VK wrote:

> nick_thomp...@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
> > hey im doing an assignment on scripting languages and i was wondering
> > if someone could tell me the main differences between JavaScript,
> > JScript, and VBScript, and also give me some examples of JScript and
> > VBScript and where they are used.

> <http://www.jibbering.com/faq>

hey yeh i looked at that but it doesn't really give me any of the core
differences between the scripts and also it doesn't really have any
examples of it, for the examples i need the code and then a screen
print of the code in action, can anyone help?

VK 12-11-2006 07:01 PM

Re: Assignment Help

> > <http://www.jibbering.com/faq>
>
> hey yeh i looked at that but it doesn't really give me any of the core
> differences between the scripts

There are not "core" differences: but there are extra properties and
methods in each implementation (atop of the core functionality which is
common to both).

> and also it doesn't really have any
> examples of it, for the examples i need the code and then a screen
> print of the code in action, can anyone help?

This will get you started, make some studies and researches by yourself
as well:

<head>
<title>Hello World</title>
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<script type="text/javascript">

function init() {
var output = document.forms[0].elements['output'];
var message1 = 'Hello World!\n';
var message2 = 'My name is Nick';
output.value = message1 + message2;
}

window.onload = init;
</script>
</head>

<form action="" onsubmit="return false;">
<fieldset>
<legend>JavaScript</legend>
<textarea name="output" cols="64" rows="16"></textarea>
</fieldset>
</form>

nick_thompson@hotmail.co.uk 12-11-2006 07:42 PM

Re: Assignment Help

cheers m8, many thanks

Tim Slattery 12-11-2006 09:16 PM

Re: Assignment Help

nick_thompson@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

>hey im doing an assignment on scripting languages and i was wondering
>if someone could tell me the main differences between JavaScript,
>JScript, and VBScript, and also give me some examples of JScript and
>VBScript and where they are used.

JScript (Microsoft's implementation of Java Script:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...bfe2330aa9.asp

VBScript (Microsoft's proprietary scripting language derived from
BASIC):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...7d8f-4368-b2a7

--
Tim Slattery