Velocity Reviews

-   -   recommend a good book (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t927740-recommend-a-good-book.html)

daveyand 10-24-2006 12:55 PM

recommend a good book

Hey Guys,

I find myself using JS more and more but i find it difficult to find
any better ways to do things or at least ways to do stuff that i havent
thought of. Esp now with this AJAX milarky.

So can anyone recommend a good JS book, assume that i have a good
grounding in the language so not really looking for a idiots guide.
More of an intermediate with references and maybe some tutorials or
something.

There are so many on amazon i wouldnt know where to begin, there is a
dom and JS book which i am thinking of getting too
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOM-Scriptin...e=UTF8&s=books)
anyone have much to say about it?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Randy Webb 10-24-2006 02:35 PM

Re: recommend a good book

daveyand said the following on 10/24/2006 8:55 AM:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I find myself using JS more and more but i find it difficult to find
> any better ways to do things or at least ways to do stuff that i havent
> thought of. Esp now with this AJAX milarky.
>
> So can anyone recommend a good JS book, assume that i have a good
> grounding in the language so not really looking for a idiots guide.
> More of an intermediate with references and maybe some tutorials or
> something.

Did you try the group FAQ? It only recommends one book.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Erwin Moller 10-24-2006 02:37 PM

Re: recommend a good book

daveyand wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I find myself using JS more and more but i find it difficult to find
> any better ways to do things or at least ways to do stuff that i havent
> thought of. Esp now with this AJAX milarky.
>
> So can anyone recommend a good JS book, assume that i have a good
> grounding in the language so not really looking for a idiots guide.
> More of an intermediate with references and maybe some tutorials or
> something.
>
> There are so many on amazon i wouldnt know where to begin, there is a
> dom and JS book which i am thinking of getting too

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOM-Scriptin...e=UTF8&s=books)
> anyone have much to say about it?
>
> Any help would be massively appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Hi,

Get "JavaScript, the Definitive Guide" By O'Reilly.
5th edition if possible.

It is the best book I know of to learn JavaScript.
Some people in here used to comment on it slightly different with: "The
least bad book" on JavaScript. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller