Velocity Reviews

-   -   kiosk touchscreen issue with IE6 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t927549-kiosk-touchscreen-issue-with-ie6.html)

Lee 10-13-2006 12:43 PM

kiosk touchscreen issue with IE6

Hi-

I am QA'ing a kiosk application using IE6 and a touchscreen. If the user
'drumrolls' his fingers over multiple links very quickly the web page does
not navigate and effectively freezes.

I was hoping there might be a way using JS to stop all touch input after the
1st touch on a link, to allow time for the script to process and then
navigate to the next page. (Maybe this is similar to disabling all clicks of
a mouse? However I cannot use an alert or popup box to prevent additional
touches as this is kiosk not desktop.

If anyone has thoughts or suggested scripting to solve this your help is
appreciated!

Thank You.

Tim Williams 10-14-2006 04:49 AM

Re: kiosk touchscreen issue with IE6

Add an onclick handler to each applicable link pointing to the same
function: calling the function checks a global "navigating" flag. If "off"
then turn it "on" and return true to the handler. If "on" then return
false, cancelling the link action.

Probably should add a setTimeout to clear the flag after a short period,
just in case the user really does want that second link...

Tim