Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why does embed make my page refresh/load twice? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t925042-why-does-embed-make-my-page-refresh-load-twice.html)

Chris Tomlinson 05-30-2006 11:43 PM

Why does embed make my page refresh/load twice?

Hi all, I hope someone is able to help me out with a small problem with this
page:
http://www.superhighstreet.com/Georg...nd/index.shtml

I have a small iframe (mid-right) with an embedded audio player.

<embed src="slideshow/streetsound.mp3"
width="75" height="25"
autostart="true"
loop="true">

Nothing fancy, however with that in there, the page seems to load twice in
IE. It fetches the SSI header, then clears it, then loads the rest of the
page 'behind the scenes', then finally displays it.

If I remove the embed, it loads the page bit by bit and you can start
reading before the rest of the page is done, which is what is desired for
obvious reasons.

Any idea why embed causes this? Works fine in FF etc.
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

Mark Parnell 05-31-2006 12:20 AM

Re: Why does embed make my page refresh/load twice?

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Chris Tomlinson
<anon@anon.com> declared in alt.html,comp.lang.javascript:

[f'ups to alt.html - what does this have to do with Javascript?]

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

--
Mark Parnell
My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

Chris Tomlinson 06-01-2006 08:27 AM

Re: Why does embed make my page refresh/load twice?

Anyone able to solve this challenge? :) ...

news:lM4fg.78565$wl.2431@text.news.blueyonder.co.u k...

Ed Mullen 06-01-2006 12:50 PM

Chris Tomlinson wrote:
> Hi all, I hope someone is able to help me out with a small problem with this
> page:
> http://www.superhighstreet.com/Georg...nd/index.shtml
>
> I have a small iframe (mid-right) with an embedded audio player.
>
> <embed src="slideshow/streetsound.mp3"
> width="75" height="25"
> autostart="true"
> loop="true">
>
> Nothing fancy, however with that in there, the page seems to load twice in
> IE. It fetches the SSI header, then clears it, then loads the rest of the
> page 'behind the scenes', then finally displays it.
>
> If I remove the embed, it loads the page bit by bit and you can start
> reading before the rest of the page is done, which is what is desired for
> obvious reasons.
>
> Any idea why embed causes this? Works fine in FF etc.

Don't know "why" but it does that here. Also, the "loop" parameter here
does not work on Mozilla-based browsers (SeaMonkey and Firefox). the
..mp3 file plays once and stops. Not sure why.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net