Velocity Reviews

-   -   Getting Logged in User Name (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t92352-getting-logged-in-user-name.html)

Ganesh Ramamurthy 12-08-2004 10:24 AM

Getting Logged in User Name

Hi Experts,

I am using windows integrated authentication in my ASP.Net application. I
get a Windows Login dialog box and the user has to enter a username and
password to access the pages. Once the user has logged in successfuly, I
need to get the signed in userID and password (If possible.)

Can I use
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials.GetC redential().UserName; for
this purpose. If so How is it possible to use that.

Please advice if there is a better way of doing the same.

Thankx in Advance

Regards
Ganesh

Patrick Olurotimi Ige 12-08-2004 10:54 AM

Re: Getting Logged in User Name

Ganesh Ramamurthy,
Since you are using Windows Auth u can get the logged on user
by <%=User.Identity.Name%>.
But you can't retrieve the Password!!
Are u validating against Active Directory?
Enjoy!
Pstrick

Ganesh Ramamurthy 12-08-2004 11:40 AM

Re: Getting Logged in User Name

Yes Pstrick. I am using Active Directory

Patrick Olurotimi Ige 12-08-2004 12:04 PM

Re: Getting Logged in User Name

Then that should work..
Enjoy!
Patrick