Velocity Reviews

-   -   listbox values to be alligned....... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t922471-listbox-values-to-be-alligned.html)

raj 01-19-2006 12:36 AM

listbox values to be alligned.......

hi,
my list box in the html page contains list box with values. these
values inturn have subvalues and I have to allign the child values to
right so that i can know the parent of the values. how can I do that.
list values should look something like this...
(suppose u have a list box with the state names in usa. the cities of
the states would be the child elements and the state names would be the
parent values)

ALABAMA
Abbeville
Huntsville
Birmingham
Montgomery
ALASKA
Anchorage
Tucson

Urgent can someone help pls. I can use java script or any java
technology

thanks..

mick white 01-19-2006 01:26 AM

Re: listbox values to be alligned.......

raj wrote:

> hi,
> my list box in the html page contains list box with values. these
> values inturn have subvalues and I have to allign the child values to
> right so that i can know the parent of the values. how can I do that.
> list values should look something like this...
> (suppose u have a list box with the state names in usa. the cities of
> the states would be the child elements and the state names would be the
> parent values)
>
> ALABAMA
> Abbeville
> Huntsville
> Birmingham
> Montgomery
> ALASKA
> Anchorage
> Tucson

<SELECT name="carCos">
<OPTGROUP label="American">
<OPTION value="General Motors">General Motors</OPTION>
<OPTION value="Ford">Ford Motor Company</OPTION>
<OPTION value="Chrysler">DaimlerChrysler</OPTION>
</OPTGROUP>
<OPTGROUP label="Japanese">
<OPTION value="Toyota">Toyota</OPTION>
<OPTION value="Honda">Honda</OPTION>