Velocity Reviews

-   -   replace text in IFRAME using innerHTML.replace(...) possible? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t920691-replace-text-in-iframe-using-innerhtml-replace-possible.html)

mscir 10-11-2005 11:21 PM

replace text in IFRAME using innerHTML.replace(...) possible?

I'd like to load a document into an iframe, and allow the user to
replace fields like %Author%, %Title% etc. with text they enter into
text boxes. I can do it if I use spans with unique ID's for each text
entry I'd like to change, but I'd like to avoid that if there's a
simpler approach.

So far I can't get a straight replace to work on the iframe innerHTML:

document.frames['iframe1'].document.body.innerHTML.replace(oldtext,newtext);

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Mike