Velocity Reviews

-   -   Marquee help please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t920239-marquee-help-please.html)

Johny 09-19-2005 12:10 PM

Marquee help please

Hi all

I have been asked to include a marquee onto a site.

What is required is the marquee to be on all pages of the site and it wants
to be changeable at any time without editing every page.

Is there a way that the marquee can call up a txt file, this text file could
then be easily changed whenever the customer wants to change the wording.

Thanks
John

Randy Webb 09-19-2005 12:34 PM

Re: Marquee help please

Johny said the following on 9/19/2005 8:10 AM:

> Hi all
>
> I have been asked to include a marquee onto a site.

You have a dumb customer and your customer has a dumb employee.

> What is required is the marquee to be on all pages of the site and it wants
> to be changeable at any time without editing every page.

Use server side processing and include it wherever you want it.

> Is there a way that the marquee can call up a txt file, this text file could
> then be easily changed whenever the customer wants to change the wording.

No. But with server-side includes, it doesn't need to "call up a txt
file", it only has to be inserted where you want it to show. And as an
include file, it could be a plain text file that the "customer" can edit
at will.

--
Randy