Velocity Reviews

-   -   Primer for javascript usage in forms (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t920044-primer-for-javascript-usage-in-forms.html)

charlie_M 09-06-2005 10:36 PM

Primer for javascript usage in forms

Is there a decent primer on the web or in print that shows the
specifics of using javascript in web forms??

I don't need to learn javascript but I need to know some specifics
about using it in web forms.

TIA
Chuck

Delta 09-06-2005 11:41 PM

Re: Primer for javascript usage in forms

if you see my page :
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/falmartins/index.htm

I have a web form sample, it only doesn't have a ASPX extension. In this
sample I have scripts that I invoke within VB.NET using something like :

me.registerstartupscript("startup","<script>MyFunc tion()</script>")

I made this samples only for ASP.NET/VB.NET purpose, because everything can
be formated in design mode

news:1126046217.558979.6810@g44g2000cwa.googlegrou ps.com...

RobG 09-07-2005 12:35 AM

charlie_M wrote:
> Is there a decent primer on the web or in print that shows the
> specifics of using javascript in web forms??
>
> I don't need to learn javascript but I need to know some specifics
> about using it in web forms.

Don't bother with Delta's link, I don't think it will show you anything
about forms. Most online tutorials are crap and teach more bad habits
than good - hardcopy texts aren't much better.

Quirksmode is an excellent reference site, though limited in scope
(that's not a criticism, just an observation):

<URL:http://www.quirksmode.org/js/forms.html>

--
Rob