Velocity Reviews

-   -   popup on exit question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t915840-popup-on-exit-question.html)

gregcd@gmail.com 01-16-2005 04:10 PM

popup on exit question

My client wants me to make a popup on exit window with a discount
coupon. I have found how to do this if someone exits the site or
closes their browser window, but I can't find a way to prevent the
popup from coming up if someone clicks the refresh or back button on
their browser. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

Randy Webb 01-17-2005 12:20 AM

Re: popup on exit question

gregcd@gmail.com wrote:

> My client wants me to make a popup on exit window with a discount
> coupon.

Your client is an idiot.

> I have found how to do this if someone exits the site or
> closes their browser window,

Nah, you just think you have.

> but I can't find a way to prevent the
> popup from coming up if someone clicks
> the refresh or back button on their browser.

Stop using un-solicited popups, problem solved. Put a link on the page
to the coupon page. If people want it, they will go.

> Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

You can't open a popup on my computer when I leave the site.
Thats not a problem to be solved.

So where's the problem?

--
Randy