Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to install quietly? (perl -MCPAN -e shell; install Devel::REPL) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t912104-how-to-install-quietly-perl-mcpan-e-shell-install-devel-repl.html)

Peng Yu 12-30-2009 11:54 PM

How to install quietly? (perl -MCPAN -e shell; install Devel::REPL)

I run
>perl -MCPAN -e shell

cpan>install Devel::REPL

But it prompt me to answer this question many times. I'm wondering
which option I should config in ~/.cpan/Cpan/MyConfig.pm

==> Auto-install the 1 optional module(s) from CPAN? [y]

Ron Bergin 12-31-2009 03:45 AM

Re: How to install quietly? (perl -MCPAN -e shell; install

On Dec 30, 3:54*pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I run>perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> cpan>install Devel::REPL
>
> But it prompt me to answer this question many times. I'm wondering
> which option I should config in ~/.cpan/Cpan/MyConfig.pm
>
> ==> Auto-install the 1 optional module(s) from CPAN? [y]

Is this what you're looking for?

perl -MCPAN -e shell
Set up gcc environment - 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.9402)
Enter 'h' for help.

cpan> o conf prerequisites_policy follow
prerequisites_policy [follow]
Please use 'o conf commit' to make the config permanent!

cpan>

That setting will install all prereq's without prompting.