Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird-How to export mail for a back up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9109-thunderbird-how-to-export-mail-for-a-back-up.html)

Alex 07-29-2004 08:56 AM

Thunderbird-How to export mail for a back up

I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my mail.
I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what directory it
is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in. That way I
wouldn't loose all the mail.
I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

With thanks,
Alex

Grinder 07-29-2004 12:53 PM

Re: Thunderbird-How to export mail for a back up

Alex wrote:
> I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
> installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my mail.
> I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what directory it
> is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in. That way I
> wouldn't loose all the mail.
> I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

This should help:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtm..._and_Restoring

slacK_ 07-29-2004 03:15 PM

Alex wrote:

> I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
> installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my mail.
> I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what directory it
> is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in. That way I
> wouldn't loose all the mail.
> I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.
>
> With thanks,
> Alex

Yes I would really like a one button way to backup all your mail but
there is an easy way. All you have to do is backup your Profiles
directory in your Documents folder. It's in different places on
different os's. Here is a list of all the directory's for each OS you
can have.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtm...Profile_folder

Leonidas Jones 07-29-2004 04:46 PM

slacK_ wrote:

> Alex wrote:
>
>> I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
>> installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my
>> mail. I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what
>> directory it is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in.
>> That way I wouldn't loose all the mail.
>> I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.
>>
>> With thanks,
>> Alex

> Yes I would really like a one button way to backup all your mail but
> there is an easy way. All you have to do is backup your Profiles
> directory in your Documents folder. It's in different places on
> different os's. Here is a list of all the directory's for each OS you
> can have.
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtm...Profile_folder

Another resource:

Lee