Velocity Reviews

-   -   "make test" fails while installing Math::Calc::Units via CPAN (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t909674-make-test-fails-while-installing-math-calc-units-via-cpan.html)

Rahul 02-10-2009 12:19 AM

"make test" fails while installing Math::Calc::Units via CPAN

I tried installing Math::Calc::Units by using " perl -MCPAN -e 'install
Math::Calc::Units'" but it leads to an error during "make test"

Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Should I force it? How does one force through CPAN?

Incidently "make test" failed because:

##############
Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/main....ok
t/pod.....Can't locate Test/More.pm in @IN
####################################

Maybe there is a way to remedy that and thus get a clean installation?

--
Rahul

Rahul 02-10-2009 05:29 PM

Re: "make test" fails while installing Math::Calc::Units via CPAN

Ben Morrow <ben@morrow.me.uk> wrote in

> What sort of perl install do you have that doesn't have Test::More?
> It's been core since 5.6.2. Are you using some OS that thinks it's a
> good idea to break the core perl install into a whole lot of separate
> packages? You really want to fix that as soon as possible, or you're
> likely to run into other problems later.

Thanks Ben! I think I got perl as a part of fedora via yum.

This is what it reports:

Arch : x86_64
Epoch : 4
Version: 5.8.8
Release: 30.fc8

Tried to update it as well:

yum update perl
Setting up Update Process
Could not find update match for perl
No Packages marked for Update

Maybe I messed something up along the way! Tried "locate More.pm" with
no results.

But it all works after I tried

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Test::More'

and then installed

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Math::Calc::Units'

Thanks for the pointer! It is strange that yum didn't help.

--
Rahul