Velocity Reviews

-   -   code review request (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t907599-code-review-request.html)

SPX2 06-21-2008 06:04 PM

code review request

Hi,

I've written a search toolbar tha has the features described here
http://perlhobby.googlecode.com/svn/...0.5/README.TXT
It also uses a server-side script to pull out data from a database
and
send them back to the extension for it to display them.
Unfortunately I have some small problems because with this server-side
script
http://perlhobby.googlecode.com/svn/...ata_example.pl
all things work well
but when I use another server-side script,this one
http://perlhobby.googlecode.com/svn/....5/get_data.pl
it stops working.
The code from the firefox toolbar is based on the code here
http://www.borngeek.com/firefox/toolbar-tutorial/
I mean I've started reading from there and I've went on from there
and
developed
my own extension.
The actual extension and the code for it can be found here
http://perlhobby.googlecode.com/svn/...olbar_unziped/

Any suggestions regarding either server-side code or extension code
are
very much appreciated :)

Thank you

Gunnar Hjalmarsson 06-21-2008 07:20 PM

Re: code review request

SPX2 wrote:
> ... when I use another server-side script,this one
> http://perlhobby.googlecode.com/svn/....5/get_data.pl
> it stops working. ...

That's a useless problem description. Please let us know
- expected output,
- the output you get, and
- which error messages you get

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

SPX2 06-21-2008 07:55 PM

Re: code review request

On 21 Iun, 22:20, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <nore...@gunnar.cc> wrote:
> SPX2 wrote:
> > ... when I use another server-side script,this one
> >http://perlhobby.googlecode.com/svn/...ar_version_0.5...
> > it stops working. ...

> That's a useless problem description. Please let us know
> - expected output,
> - the output you get, and
> - which error messages you get
>
> --
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson
> Email:http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl

Hi,

Thanks for reading
Expected Output:
an ad at the top which is related to the content of the current
page
Output I get :
the javascript seems to say that the response from the server side
script
has only undefined values and I don't get any ad as I've expected.
this happens despite the fact that I've tested the script alone
with http://../script.pl?keyword=afsaf,asfas
and it produces the desired xml file
Error messages I get:
all variables that js gets from parsing the xml produced by the
server side script are said to be undefined