Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.Net App Issue... Maybe Resolved via PERL? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t903397-asp-net-app-issue-maybe-resolved-via-perl.html)

getmyemails2@yahoo.com 06-08-2007 06:47 PM

ASP.Net App Issue... Maybe Resolved via PERL?

Hey All,

ASP Info:

I have some classes that I recently built for a website which uses
the
HttpWebRequest & HttpWebResponse objects from the System.Net
namespace.
Basically, the classes rap submitted data up, connect to external
websites
on external servers and post / remove the data from these other sites.

It works fine locally but when uploaded to the BCentral production
server,
the outgoing requests get shutdown.

Apparently, for the System.Net name space, you cannot specify the
port. The
outgoing port will be dynamic random. It will be the client port and
not the
service port. The port range can be 1024 and above. It is by design
and
there is no way you can specify the client port.

Now, as for BCentral, they do allow outbound connections but only on
the
"default" ports such at 80 for http, etc. Every other non-essential
port
is locked down and they don't open up other ports because of security
concerns.

I have been told that posting data via CGI is very common and that one
can easily specify the port. Has anyone out there done something like
this?

Thanks,

TC

J. Gleixner 06-08-2007 07:09 PM

Re: ASP.Net App Issue... Maybe Resolved via PERL?

getmyemails2@yahoo.com wrote:
[.. removed a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the question...]

> I have been told that posting data via CGI is very common and that one
> can easily specify the port. Has anyone out there done something like
> this?

No. No one has ever done anything with CGI.... My favorite search
engine doesn't find any hits for "perl cgi", I guess yours doesn't
either.. :-)

perldoc CGI

perldoc LWP