Velocity Reviews

-   -   creating gantt control : can you use html? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t90146-creating-gantt-control-can-you-use-html.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuIE5hc2g=?= 11-04-2004 06:42 PM

creating gantt control : can you use html?

Hi peeps

I need to use a Gantt charting display in my project. Unfortunately, the
client has no spare cash for such frivolities as buying controls, so I'm
going to have to write something. So I want to write it as a control, so I
can reuse all my hard work.

My question is.. can controls use html? I'm thinking of using a <table>
system, and writing my own DataBind stylee methods to create a table to be
displayed by the control. Can I do that?

Or do I need to create some sort of Inherited control from the DataGrid?

Any info/ideas/code/free controls appreciated :o)

dhnriverside

TJS 11-04-2004 07:18 PM

Re: creating gantt control : can you use html?

buying a control is not a frivolity, it makes good sense. It's always
cheaper to buy a control than to build one from scratch.

Controls can use html. There are samples available of using html for
building gantt charts. Google gantt charts and you'll find a lot

Scott Allen 11-05-2004 01:33 AM

Re: creating gantt control : can you use html?

HI Dan:

A couple ideas...

One would be to use GDI to draw images server side and pipe them down
to the client. There is an example in the "Reports Starter Kit" :
http://asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=8&tabid=47

What really might suit your app is the "piano roll" view of the free
data visualization components from MS research. You can find them on
this page:
http://research.microsoft.com/resear...s/default.aspx

--
Scott