Velocity Reviews

-   -   line breaks (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t900830-line-breaks.html)

gcr 11-29-2006 05:09 AM

line breaks

> Line breaks don't generally matter in the output of a CGI program (HTML).

My bad. I was not writing or reading from html. CGI.pm *seemed to be*
encoding linebreaks in such a way that the downstream application broke.
I will happily agree that it was my incompatence in using it ...
however, by replacing with the bad code the script worked, the app
worked, and is working still.

Sure didn't want to start off a flamewar when my original problem was
purely idiocy and crossed eyes. Guess I'll stay off this NG

Tad McClellan 11-29-2006 12:08 PM

Re: line breaks

gcr <reviewyourdemo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Line breaks don't generally matter in the output of a CGI program (HTML).

Who wrote that?

Please include an attribution when you quote someone.

What thread was it written in?

Where is the References header?

Please don't break threads like this.

> Guess I'll stay off this NG