Velocity Reviews

-   -   User authentication for a website (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t899821-user-authentication-for-a-website.html)

sujay.tukai@gmail.com 09-08-2006 12:27 PM

User authentication for a website

I have an account in a website. Whenever i need to read my inbox from
that website. I have to login with my name and password.

I need a solution for this i.e.,
i need a perl program which

(1)uses the password and username to login
(2) read the inbox

the server has a https connection...and sorry to say no pop3 access is
there....
i tried lwp posting of username and password. it worked to a certain
extent. that is i got in.

but again for reading the inbox using the lwp get method i get this
message "Your session has expired, please login again!"

plz help me reg. the steps i should use????

rajeev.networld@gmail.com 09-08-2006 04:30 PM

Re: User authentication for a website

use cookies in your code.

Mumia W. 09-08-2006 07:46 PM

On 09/08/2006 07:27 AM, sujay.tukai@gmail.com wrote:
> I have an account in a website. Whenever i need to read my inbox from
> that website. I have to login with my name and password.
>
> I need a solution for this i.e.,
> i need a perl program which
>
> (1)uses the password and username to login
> (2) read the inbox
> [...]

Someone may have already written a module for that. Search
CPAN for "webmail."

sujay.tukai@gmail.com 09-09-2006 04:22 AM

Mumia W. wrote:
> On 09/08/2006 07:27 AM, sujay.tukai@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have an account in a website. Whenever i need to read my inbox from
> > that website. I have to login with my name and password.
> >
> > I need a solution for this i.e.,
> > i need a perl program which
> >
> > (1)uses the password and username to login
> > (2) read the inbox
> > [...]

> Someone may have already written a module for that. Search
> CPAN for "webmail."

ya i know about the webmail thing. But the site is not mail based but
is a forum. so there is no specific module for that...