Velocity Reviews

-   -   Deployment of locally developed ASP.NET application on a remote server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t89944-deployment-of-locally-developed-asp-net-application-on-a-remote-server.html)

Hrvoje Vrbanc 11-02-2004 03:01 PM

Deployment of locally developed ASP.NET application on a remote server

Hello all!

What would be the most convenient way to deploy a locally developed ASP.NET
application on a remote server that has .NET Framework (correct version)
installed but I don't have any control over it?

I tried simply copying files, then I created a Web Setup project locally and
built it. I have then installed the application locally from the EXE and MSI
files and then transferred the newly created files to a remote server by
using FTP. Anyhow, I keep receiving an error when try to see the application
on the remote server.

Now, I know that a virtual directory in which the application resides should
be configured as an application in IIS and that my uploaded application
should start to work if the administrator of the remote server do so. But is
there a way to circumvent this and simply depend solely on my actions?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Hrvoje