Velocity Reviews

-   -   Apache htaccess and perl (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t899334-apache-htaccess-and-perl.html)

robertutah@gmail.com 08-05-2006 05:38 PM

Apache htaccess and perl

Hi all

I have a apache running with mod_perl, it is set up with access-control
by a .htaccess-file with more than 1 user in it.

I need to get the username from the one that have logged in. How do I
do that ?

David Squire 08-05-2006 05:42 PM

Re: Apache htaccess and perl

robertutah@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a apache running with mod_perl, it is set up with access-control
> by a .htaccess-file with more than 1 user in it.
>
> I need to get the username from the one that have logged in. How do I
> do that ?

It's a standard CGI environment variable: REMOTE_USER

You get access to environment variables in Perl via the %ENV hash.

DS

robertutah@gmail.com 08-05-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Apache htaccess and perl

David Squire skrev:

> robertutah@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have a apache running with mod_perl, it is set up with access-control
> > by a .htaccess-file with more than 1 user in it.
> >
> > I need to get the username from the one that have logged in. How do I
> > do that ?
> >

> It's a standard CGI environment variable: REMOTE_USER
>
> You get access to environment variables in Perl via the %ENV hash.
>

> DS

For some resson REMOTE_USER i not in %ENV ?

David Squire 08-05-2006 05:55 PM

Re: Apache htaccess and perl

robertutah@gmail.com wrote:
> David Squire skrev:
>
>> robertutah@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I have a apache running with mod_perl, it is set up with access-control
>>> by a .htaccess-file with more than 1 user in it.
>>>
>>> I need to get the username from the one that have logged in. How do I
>>> do that ?
>>>

>> It's a standard CGI environment variable: REMOTE_USER
>>
>> You get access to environment variables in Perl via the %ENV hash.
>>

>> DS

> For some resson REMOTE_USER i not in %ENV ?

It works for me. Note that it is only set for pages protected using
..htaccess files - which you say you are using.

Please show us some code so that we have some chance of diagnosing your
problem.

DS

robertutah@gmail.com 08-05-2006 06:06 PM

Re: Apache htaccess and perl

David Squire skrev:

> robertutah@gmail.com wrote:
> > David Squire skrev:

> >> It's a standard CGI environment variable: REMOTE_USER
> >>
> >> You get access to environment variables in Perl via the %ENV hash.
> >>

> >> DS

> > For some resson REMOTE_USER i not in %ENV ?
> >

> It works for me. Note that it is only set for pages protected using
> .htaccess files - which you say you are using.
>
> Please show us some code so that we have some chance of diagnosing your
> problem.
>

> DS

# From my apache (one of the, got at apache running behind with
mod_perl this apache rewrite to it)
Maby this it the problem ?

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName somedomain.com

<Location />
AuthName MyDomain
AuthType basic
AuthUserFile /home/user/.htpasswd
require valid-user
</Location>

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.gif$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.jpeg$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.jpg$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.jpe$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.ico$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.css$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.html$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.htm$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.pdf$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.js$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.png$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.pl$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.txt$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8097$1 [P,NC]

<Directory />
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ServerAdmin admin@somedomain.com
DocumentRoot /home/user/html
ErrorLog /home/user/log/error_log-admin
CustomLog /home/user/log/access_log-admin common
</VirtualHost>

David Squire 08-05-2006 06:11 PM

Re: Apache htaccess and perl

robertutah@gmail.com wrote:
> David Squire skrev:
>
>> robertutah@gmail.com wrote:

>>> For some resson REMOTE_USER i not in %ENV ?
>>>

>> It works for me. Note that it is only set for pages protected using
>> .htaccess files - which you say you are using.
>>
>> Please show us some code so that we have some chance of diagnosing your
>> problem.
>>

> # From my apache (one of the, got at apache running behind with
> mod_perl this apache rewrite to it)
> Maby this it the problem ?
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName somedomain.com

[snip]

Show us your *Perl* code.

DS

robertutah@gmail.com 08-05-2006 06:12 PM

Re: Apache htaccess and perl

robertu...@gmail.com skrev:

> David Squire skrev:
>
> > robertutah@gmail.com wrote:

> > > For some resson REMOTE_USER i not in %ENV ?
> > >

> > It works for me. Note that it is only set for pages protected using
> > .htaccess files - which you say you are using.
> >
> > Please show us some code so that we have some chance of diagnosing your
> > problem.
> >

> > DS

> # From my apache (one of the, got at apache running behind with
> mod_perl this apache rewrite to it)
> Maby this it the problem ?
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName somedomain.com
>
> <Location />
> AuthName MyDomain
> AuthType basic
> AuthUserFile /home/user/.htpasswd
> require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.gif$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.jpeg$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.jpg$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.jpe$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.ico$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.css$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.html$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.htm$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.pdf$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.js$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.png$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.pl$ [NC]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.*\.txt$ [NC]
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8097$1 [P,NC]
>
> <Directory />
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>

> ServerAdmin admin@somedomain.com
> DocumentRoot /home/user/html
> ErrorLog /home/user/log/error_log-admin
> CustomLog /home/user/log/access_log-admin common
> </VirtualHost>

I put my Auth-things in my second apache-conf, then i worked...

Thanks for all your help