Velocity Reviews

-   -   Reading another user's Outlook calendar? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t896732-reading-another-users-outlook-calendar.html)

Chad 02-22-2006 09:28 PM

Reading another user's Outlook calendar?

Hi there,
Does anyone have a Perl script to read another users Outlook Calendar?

Thanks,
Chad

usenet@DavidFilmer.com 02-22-2006 09:36 PM

Re: Reading another user's Outlook calendar?

Chad wrote:
> Does anyone have a Perl script to read another users Outlook Calendar?

Please read the posting guidlines for this group at:
(or posted here regularly).

This newsgroup is for people who are learning or writing Perl scripts.
This group is not a "script exchange," so your question here is
unlikely to get any results.

--
http://DavidFilmer.com

Matt Garrish 02-22-2006 10:22 PM

"Chad" <cjohnso9@amfam.com> wrote in message
news:1140643712.956959.38870@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
> Hi there,
> Does anyone have a Perl script to read another users Outlook Calendar?

What happened to the good old days when people just looked over other
people's shoulders? Now everyone wants a script for everything.

You might be able to write something using Win32-OLE. I would suggest
checking support.microsoft.com for a VB example, then you could always port
it to Perl if you're so inclined.

Matt

A. Sinan Unur 02-22-2006 10:55 PM

Re: Reading another user's Outlook calendar?

"Matt Garrish" <matthew.garrish@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> "Chad" <cjohnso9@amfam.com> wrote in message
> news:1140643712.956959.38870@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
>> Hi there,
>> Does anyone have a Perl script to read another users Outlook
>> Calendar?
>>

> What happened to the good old days when people just looked over other
> people's shoulders?

;-)

> You might be able to write something using Win32-OLE. I would suggest
> checking support.microsoft.com for a VB example, then you could always
> port it to Perl if you're so inclined.

I have an example of accessing my own Outlook contacts list using Win32-
OLE at http://www.unur.com/comp/ppp/perl-wi...tlook-ex1.html

You might be able to use that as a starting point.

The best way to ensure you get useful information is to post your best
attempt in the form of a short but complete script others can copy and
paste. This is explained in the posting guidelines.

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur <1usa@llenroc.ude.invalid>