Velocity Reviews

-   -   Hlp with getpwnam() (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t895354-hlp-with-getpwnam.html)

perlUSER 11-26-2005 05:26 PM

Hlp with getpwnam()

Hello,
I am wondering whether there is a perl sys function to retrieve the
account_locked flag. I tried the getpwnam() function but didn't get
much help.

`lsuser -a account_locked $user_id` returns ==> $user_id
account_locked=false/true

Any help is greately appreciated.

Regards,
Srini

usenet@DavidFilmer.com 11-27-2005 04:44 AM

Re: Hlp with getpwnam()

perlUSER wrote:
> I am wondering whether there is a perl sys function to retrieve the
> account_locked flag. I tried the getpwnam() function but didn't get
> much help.
>
> `lsuser -a account_locked $user_id` returns ==> $user_id
> account_locked=false/true

I have an 'lsuser' command on my AIX machine at work, but I don't think
this is a "standard" U*IX command. AIX/SMIT can get really, really,
really granular on user account settings (and especially when you throw
DCE into the mix). I don't have a 'lsuser' command on my SuSE 9.3 Pro
system at home (and I don't even see that this Linux distribution even
has such a thing as an account_locked flag - and I don't recall such an
user account flag on Mandrake or Fedora).

I think this is a very OS-specific concept. I doubt you will find a
general Perl abstraction module for it, so you're stuck with shelling
out to the OS (yuck).

But I could be wrong (and the fastest way to find out you're wrong is
to say it in usenet).