Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problems Installing 5.8.7 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t895096-problems-installing-5-8-7-a.html)

Degz 11-10-2005 02:54 PM

Problems Installing 5.8.7

Hi,

I'm trying to 5.8.7. I currently have installed Perl 5.004_05.

Looking at the install file, I am following the default route.

rm -f config.sh Policy.sh
sh Configure -de
make
make test
make install

However when I do a make test, i have 1 test failing (Constant.t)

If I go into the t/ directory and run it manually it looks as though I
have something missing ? as I get the following response. ( plus
others further down, i'm guessing because of the initial error )

ok 4 # This is dynamic linking, so no need to make perl
# make = 'make test'
Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/ExtTest/ExtTest.so' for module ExtTest:
dynamic linke
r: /usr/bin/perl: relocation error: symbol not found: PL_stack_sp;
referenced fr
om: blib/arch/auto/ExtTest/ExtTest.so
at test.pl line 2
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 2.

Has anyone got any idea what this means and how i resolve it please.
Any help is appreciated.
Degz.

Degz
Nov 9, 3:03 pm show options

Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
From: "Degz" <derekk...@jacksonbc.co.uk> - Find messages by this author

Date: 9 Nov 2005 07:03:39 -0800
Subject: Problems Installing perl 5.8.7
original | Remove | Report Abuse

[...]

Brian McCauley
Nov 9, 7:23 pm show options

Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
From: Brian McCauley <nob...@mail.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:23:28 +0000
Subject: Re: Problems Installing perl 5.8.7
original | Report Abuse

Degz wrote:
> I'm trying to 5.8.7. I currently have installed Perl 5.004_05.

> Looking at the install file, I am following the default route.

> rm -f config.sh Policy.sh
> sh Configure -de
> make
> make test
> make install

> However when I do a make test, i have 1 test failing (Constant.t)

> If I go into the t/ directory and run it manually it looks as though I
> have something missing ? as I get the following response. ( plus
> others further down, i'm guessing because of the initial error )

> ok 4 # This is dynamic linking, so no need to make perl
> # make = 'make test'
> Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/ExtTest/ExtTest.so' for module ExtTest:
> dynamic linke
> r: /usr/bin/perl: relocation error: symbol not found: PL_stack_sp;
> referenced fr
> om: blib/arch/auto/ExtTest/ExtTest.so
> at test.pl line 2
> Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 2.

It looks to me like you are trying to run part of 5.8.7 built test
suite
using /usr/bin/perl (i.e. versoin 5.004_05).

Try running it explicitly with the just built 5.8.7.

Hi,

Sorry to be thick, how do I explicitly call 5.8.7

I executed the failed test with a ./Constant.t

Are we saying that has called perl 5.004 somehow ?

Thanks