Velocity Reviews

-   -   Assembly Binding Path Broken? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t89403-assembly-binding-path-broken.html)

localhost 10-25-2004 02:49 PM

Assembly Binding Path Broken?

..NET Framework 1.1-SP1.

I created an ASP.NET project with Visual Studio, it automatically
created a bin directory. Then I modified web.config to add a new
binary assembly direcoty, moved the web application DLL to that
directory, and now ASP.NET cannot run the app. My web config looks
like this:

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<publisherPolicy apply="yes" />
<probing privatePath="bin;bin2" />
</assemblyBinding>

Why is this broken?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT] 10-26-2004 03:40 AM

RE: Assembly Binding Path Broken?

Hi Localhost,

Thanks for your posting. As for the privatePath problem you mentioned, it
is a normal behavior because the asp.net web application is abit different
from the normal desktop or console application which will ignore the other
private bin path we set in the <probing privatePath="..." /> element. So
generally in asp.net application, as for nonstrong-named assembly, we
should put them in the private "bin" folder.
Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support