Velocity Reviews

-   -   Perl server, SOAP and .NET client, how to communicate (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t893804-perl-server-soap-and-net-client-how-to-communicate.html)

Vic Russell 08-19-2005 03:26 PM

Perl server, SOAP and .NET client, how to communicate

Can anyone give me a simple example of how to pass arguments between a .NET
(VB in my case) client and a Perl (SOAP::Lite) server. I have a small system
going which works with a Perl client but I need to replace it with a .NET
one. At the moment I can't get a simple string sent to the Perl server
although the correct Perl module is being executed.

I can return arguments to the .NET client but only in what seems a clumsy
way one parameter at a time rather than sending the full object back.

Any tips here VERY gladly received. It is a bit of a steep learning curve I
seem to have let myself in for!

Kind regards,

Vic

Ian Wilson 08-19-2005 05:25 PM

Re: Perl server, SOAP and .NET client, how to communicate

Vic Russell wrote:
> Can anyone give me a simple example of how to pass arguments between a .NET
> (VB in my case) client and a Perl (SOAP::Lite) server. I have a small system
> going which works with a Perl client but I need to replace it with a .NET
> one. At the moment I can't get a simple string sent to the Perl server
> although the correct Perl module is being executed.
>
> I can return arguments to the .NET client but only in what seems a clumsy
> way one parameter at a time rather than sending the full object back.
>
> Any tips here VERY gladly received. It is a bit of a steep learning curve I
> seem to have let myself in for!

Similar questions have had this sort of response:

"You probably want to have a namespace on the returned data items.
See the INTEROPERABILITY section of the SOAP::Lite docs."

You might want to post example code (as per the posting guidelines)
although a VB.Net newsgroup might also be a more appropriate venue.